1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Two for one, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Korval's Game: Plan B / I Dare (Liaden Universe) (Paperback)
The "Agent Gambit" was my introduction to the Liaden Universe - a successful one. Korval's Game contains the two books "Plan B" and "I Dare". In the two previous books ValCon and Miri met up. They saved each other several times and Miri helped ValCon on his run from the Department of the Interior - the "bad guys".

In Plan B they are still on the run. At the same time ValCon wishes to introduce Miri to her clan - Clan Erob. Of course, while they are there, the Yxtrang decide to conquer the planet and ValCon and Miri have to help save the day. Help arrives from an unexpected corner, help that is essential to victory.

In I Dare, ValCon and Miri go after the Department. That means that ValCon and Miri have to take the mantle of leaders of the clan. At the same time the DoI try to lure one of ValCon's cousins into working for them. That makes it necessary for cousin PatRin to run. He ends up in in own set of trouble, having to rise to the occasion.

The books were fun to read. The 4 points were given because the books were difficult to put down. As a rule, I prefer books where the language flows from one sentence to another - a talent I envy. That is this book's strength. It draws me into it and makes me want to stay.

It was predictable. I think that might be the only thing I really hold against these books. At the same time, I've found that truly unpredictable books are far between. Maybe that comes from reading so much - the only curse I guess.

Having said that, tension and humor were present all the way through. This is space opera at its better.

ARRAY(0xb4f6d87c)

Korval's Game: Plan B / I Dare (Liaden Universe)
Korval's Game: Plan B / I Dare (Liaden Universe) by Steve Miller (Paperback - 17 May 2011)
7.76