Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 25 April 2011
Reading the overview I thought this sounded like an interesting storyline. I had read a number of the SuvivalistTo End All War (The survivalist) novels when I was younger and enjoyed them, but had become bored with the series around book five. With Written in Time it only took 1/4 of the book, I did manage to finish it and found the book just too predictable. There were elements which were interesting, just too few and unconnected. Not one I would recommend you waste any time on.....................
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2011
I love time travel books but if a book does not grab you in the first few dozen pages then you know you are in trouble. I managed almost 100 pages before I gave up on Written in Time and I feel I wasted my time.

This is a long drab story not well written.

JNB
on 20 September 2015
As someone who hates guns/killing weapons and is not at all comfortable with the image of the 'wild west' of the USA that stole land off the indigenous peoples then perhaps I shouldn't have chosen this book - but it was one of the kindle monthly preview offers and I fell for the blurb.
I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for a not very well written book - but I did struggle through to the end so that I could hopefully write an informed review.
The authors are reviewers for gun catalogues - and it shows! Page after page of very boring descriptions of every weapon used in the telling of the story, some going on for more than a page for just one gun - how it fires, how many screws hold it together, how fast it can kill etc. All this interspersed with a tale of a family time travelling between 1900 and 1996 (and again endless thoughts about how great grandfathers can meet their fathers and great grandsons and how complicated time travel is). It was a struggle but I got to the end (or should I say anti-climax) but I will definitely avoid reading anything else by these two in the future (no pun intended). If they are going to write another so-called novel (this was just a vehicle for describing weapons they love) then I hope they get a decent editor next time.
As there have been so few reviews so far I would like to read one from someone who really loves the time-travel genre to see what they think.