A fantastic book, in which Marlo tells her story of learning she has MS and her life since. She has exactly the same outlook of life with MS as I do - life with MS is just different and it's made her stronger. Her descriptions are spot-on and I have recommended this book to my friends and family. Thankyou so much Marlo, for helping me put things in perspective!
Published on 14 Oct 2009 by C. S. Wims

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Never recieved it! So how can I review it?
Published 6 months ago by Eva

5.0 out of 5 stars Somebody who's been through what I've been through and views MS like me!, 14 Oct 2009
C. S. Wims "hotdoug" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 24 Nov 2009
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
This an absolute must have for those with MS, family and friends of those with MS or anyone who maybe interested? Although hard hitting at times this book is packed with humour and informs that just because you have MS you can still look good.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE accessory for all MSers, 15 Jun 2010
L. Barr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
Out of the many books I looked at relating to MS I picked this one because the cover looked cute and the title was funny. For the newly diagnosed this could be described as an essential manual for negotiating yourself through first symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. I have read and re read the book several times, as I go along my own journey. I admit some parts of the book scared the crap out of me but nowhere (and no one else) properly prepared me for the living hell which comes after an injection. I can only really speak for those recently diagnosed but I would reccomend this book to everybody with MS and thier families Marlo will give a voice to your concerns, sorrow, pain and hope at a time when you dont know where your heads at.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner, 11 Jan 2010
Amazon Customer (Cowes, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
I hadn't been expecting to "enjoy" a book about someone suffering with MS. I bought it because I have a friend who has it, and I thought it give me a better insight into the disease. But this book did far more than inform me, it was brilliant. I couldn't put it down. It was funny, scary and inspiring. Thank you so much Marlo for writing this honest and thought provoking book.
I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to understand MS better, but it's also a damned good read for anyone who likes inspirational stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book for anyone to read!, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
I recently have had my eyes opened to MS and wanted to find everything I possibly could about this disease. On coming across Marlo's Youtube videos I saw one where she said she published her own book. A quick search on Amazon here it was, and what a gem it is.

I have laughed and cried along side this very chic lady who I admire so much for her courage and determination to get answers when her future looked so bleak.

This book can be read by people suffering from MS or just anyone out there. It's well presented, easily read and never gets boring. It tells a story of Marlo from her life in New York then venturing out into London for a dream life she so desperately desired. It gives you a insight into how Marlo loves fashion and loves music. She is in my honest opinion, a very brave, talented, beautiful young lady and her writing this book made me thankful to her for that.

10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awkward Bitch My Life With M S, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
I have found this Book to be an excellent read.
After being diagnosed with M S fourteen years ago , My M S is now Secondary Proressive, but the book discribes everything I went through from the onset of my diagnosis .
as M S is difficult to explain to friends and family, I would urge anyone with MS to buy them a copy.
This book is a great read.
Margaret Devlin

5.0 out of 5 stars MS is a serious illness. The best way to deal with it is with humour, 8 Aug 2010
Visa - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
MS is a serious illness. The best way to deal with it is with humour. I enjoyed reading the book so much I finished it in a day. I recommend the book for all who interact with MS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for sharing about life with MS, 18 Oct 2009
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
I bought this book as I heard about it from a friend whom works with the author. I wasn't sure what to expect but from the moment I bought and received it, I had trouble putting it down. I could completely relate to the author as a person and found her journey with MS painful but so inspirational and important to read. I do not have MS and this book was a learning curve for me. Thank you Marlo Donato Parmelee for writing this, you've educated me and you have my deep respect, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - great for anyone affected by MS, 1 April 2010
This review is from: Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS (Paperback)
Brilliant book - can't wait to get to bed at night to read it. Love the way Marlo deals with her symptoms. Really weird cause like me - she thought she had a brain tumour, but it turned out to be MS. Did not cry when I was diagnosed, but I cried for Marlo. Guess this book is good therapy for me. So glad to hear there is another book on the way, feels like having a friend alongside me. Vitamin D3 5000 I.U

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 5 May 2014
Was really good an eye opener for us who don't suffer now I can understand a little of what MS means.

Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS
Awkward Bitch: My Life with MS by Marlo Donato Parmelee (Paperback - 2 July 2009)