5.0 out of 5 stars A book for every student, 21 Mar 2009
David Peers (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossword Puzzle: The Guide to Art Degree Success (Paperback)
I know that I am biased - the author is my brother - but having read this book, it makes sense of why I only lasted 3 weeks in college and why so many people find higher education to be a strange and confusing experience.

I read this book at the same time as re-reading `Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance', so I will assume that it's not my level of intelligence that failed me but my lack of understanding of the higher education system, and it's differences, in comparison to high school education.

This book would find itself at home with any student - whatever their age - who is about to embark upon a degree course. It points out, plainly and simply, the pitfalls and traps that any student may fall prey to as well as celebrating the many positive aspects of higher education. Dotted with anecdotes, quotations and illustrative examples, it leads you through three years in an enjoyable way. I look forward to the follow on book concerning the Masters degree with great anticipation! When it goes for it's reprint I wonder if he'll add some illustrations as well?

This is a book that every parent should present to their offspring before they leave their happy nest. Or if you are old enough, and wise enough, buy it for yourself. You, they, will get a lot more out of your three years because of one little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars pass your art degree, 21 Mar 2013
If you are thinking of starting a degree in fine art then buy this book. Written by someone who has passed their degree it will help you do the same. It will help you plan your journey and understand how you structure your studies in order to get the most out of your qualification.

Crossword Puzzle: The Guide to Art Degree Success
Crossword Puzzle: The Guide to Art Degree Success by Brian Peers (Paperback - 13 Feb 2009)