1,508 Reviews
 (1,088)

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!!
OKay, so I am 27 years old and was an original "I am not bothered about some tortured teenage romance story! I am a Grown Up!"....but once I read Twilight I was hooked. I have now read all 4 of the series and Breaking Dawn was the best. In Eclipse we left off with Bella & Edward arranging their Marriage (well, Alice was) and were looking forward to seeing them live...
Published on 13 Jan 2009 by Barbara Hughes-hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars Found this book hard to believe
I wasn't going to write a review seen as there is 200+ already and at first 'Breaking Dawn' seems like an ok read but I can totally understand why there are so many bad reviews. I finished it and a friend asked me if she would like it and I honestly told her no (which I was sad about because Eclipse was good) I also couldn't exactly explain how I felt about Breaking Down...
Published on 2 Feb 2009 by M. Lamb

‹ Previous | 1144 145 146151 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ending., 5 Aug 2008
L. Forder (England) - See all my reviews
I hear all the spoilers beforehand and I was deeply horrified, thinking oh dear, what has she done? But nonetheless, I got the book and decided I'd make up my own mind.
TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
Yes, the plotlines might seem a little radical or over the top, but in my opinion, the way it was all written and placed together made Stephenie's decisions completely justifiable.
I thought it was a heartwarming way to end the series, in true Twilight style.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a read!!, 22 May 2009
what a fab read i loved it. it definately is up there with the likes of harry potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Jun 2009
C. Mantle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great ending to a fantastic series. I loved it, couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Dawn, 15 Jun 2009
Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer

This book is the fourth and final in the Twilight Saga. The storyline involves two main characters: Edward and Bella. Edward is a young vampire who is regarded as "vegetarian", meaning he does not feed on human blood. This is quite hard for him to resist and part of the story describes his struggle to control himself. Bella is a human, obviously the most desired object for vampires and Breaking Dawn tells us about their complicated relationship and how they learn to live as a couple.

Out of all four books, Breaking Dawn is my favourite as it is the only book with a real happy ending. With the others, there is always an issue that threatens Edward and Bella which does not get solved, therefore leaves you with anticipation to read the next book.

I particularly like the way that Stephanie Meyer invents all of the fictional characters. The world that these books revolve around is very complicated and I admire Stephanie for being able to imagine such interesting characters to live in it.

I would rate the book 10/10 because I like the way it is written, and it is written from different character's points of view at different times in the book. This allows you to get a good insight into what everyone else is thinking, helping you to understand the book better.

Overall Breaking Dawn is a brilliant book and I would recommend it to any teenagers who like to read. When I first heard of the Twilight Saga, I didn't think it would be my type of books, however, when I started reading it my views changed. It is probably one of the best books I have read and I look forward to seeing the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 23 Jan 2009
I read the first three in the twilight series really quickly, but still reading every word, and loving every word. then i got breaking dawn and wow. i still cannot believe it was sooooo good i read it that fast. i started at around 6.00pm one monday and the thursday of the same week at around 1.30pm id finshed. 754 pages in just under 4 days. wow. it was soooo good. i cant wait for one of my friends to finish breaking dawn coz i have to keep quiet about it and i just want the whole world to know how good this series is. the childbirth was a bit gruesome, but it balanced out the whole bella and edward love. i liked the way that it was told from jacobs point of view as well, it was interesting getting an insight into jacobs relatively secret life. i was really surprised when he turned up at bella and edwards wedding... it was sooooo sweet of him. and how seth is so faithful to jacob, and he doesnt hate the vampires because of what they are, he gets on really well with edward and hes so amazingly non prejudiced since as he can always hear jacobs cynical mind, or at least while hes a werewolf/shapeshifter in wolf form. i like the way jacob actually manages to understand leah and how she can be so bitter. i like the way leah doesnt let anything stand in her way even though shes the only girl and that she has to put up with sam for the most part. i was surprised that quil and embry didnt immediately go to jacob, but they later join him :D my favourite character has to be alice though. her sweet kooky personality and her strange ability, it just fits. and the way she can hide her clues to bella so secretively and try not to hurt people. shes the perfect counter from vampires like demetri and caius. caius is plain evil. there was no need to kill irina just to provoke tanya and kate, and eleazar and carmen slightly. i like the bit where eleazar calls bella a shield and edwards response. its an amazing book. YOU HAVE TO READ IT.
NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars What were you expecting?, 19 Aug 2008
I am absolutelly surprised at all the bad reviews this book has had. In my opinion, it is great! A fantastic ending to the series, it finishes all the plot lines that were started in the previous three books, and if follows character very well.

I specially enjoyed the change in POV. Jacob's mind was fresh, and a great insight in a side of the story many were not relating to very much. Excellent point for Ms Meyer.

Breaking Down follows the trend of the other three books. It will make you laugh, and it will mist your eyes at some points. True, there are a few too specific parts, but nothing I couldn't live with. In the end, it was a very satisfying fourth part. I am sure it was not a big surprise for anyone, as I said, the author has been planting these seeds for three books now! But the plot was driven by the characters, and I enjoyed that. (Impossible to comment on the plot without spoilers! :-)

All the bad reviews, specially in the American site, are not justified at all, at least from my point of view. People are complaining about the happy ending for everyone... hello? this is a YA book, of course there is a happy ending! And I think most of us were counting on it from the first book. This is a vampire story, but no Lestat, no Jean Claude and no Anita Blake in sight. (That's a good thing too). So don't be disappointed because you were expecting something that would fit better other lines of vampire novels. The promise of the ending was there from the beginning, as in any other good sagas.

Give this book a chance. Stephenie Meyer delivers on her promises and I, for one, cannot wait to see what she will write next.

4.0 out of 5 stars its different, but its definitely worth it, 10 Aug 2008
i read some spoliers before i bought it which made me want to buy it even more becasue they gave them such bad reviews. However, when i bought it, i was more intrigued than worried because i didnt know how bad it could be.

i wont give too much away, but its the happy ending we've all been waiting for. the writing is different to the past three, but what do people expect...its a different phase, the 3 books were how they were going to get married, now they were and it was more grown up.

Also people dont believe the whole child thing is right for a 18 year old. but come off it, people have children now and they're that age and they're happy and responsible. its not a big thing, she shows herself as a good mother.

personally, i thought it was a very good book, and worth reading even if it is different to the others. however the love and romance is still complete in the book, and thats what people read for isnt it? people should buy it and see for themselves but i definitely wasnt disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Satisfying Conclusion to a Stellar Series, 8 Aug 2008
Breaking Dawn is the final book in the acclaimed Twilight series, and in this book we finally find out the fate of Bella, Edward and Jacob...Don't worry, no spoilers here!

Meyer surprised me with this book, it went in directions that I wasn't expecting. Before I read this book I truly didn't believe that there was a way Meyer could conclude this series that would satisfy me. There didnt seem to be a way to do justice to all the chacters that I love. I'm happy to say that she did a great job, and despite my fears I am satisfied with how it turned out for the heroes!

I have given this book 4 out of 5 and my reasoning for this is that although this book is probably one of the best you'll read this year it isn't the best that Meyer has ever written. So I judge her harshly because she set the bar that high herself......

I would highly recommed this book, and the whole series, to seasoned fans of vampire fiction and newcomers alike. It is as much a drama and a romance series as it is about the supernatural and if you're looking for something different from your usual reading material then you really can't do much better than the Twilight series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Dawn..., 21 Jun 2009
was one of the best books in the twilight saga... i thought that it was going to end on a cliff hanger and be really dissapointed as there isnt another sequal but it was immense =D i love edward cullen and jacob black they just make the whole love triangle thing so much better!!! i urge you to read all of the books in the twilight saga and then read the host which is another one buy stephine mayer - its not as good but still a great book. sooo upset to finish breaking dawn and wish that the twilight saga continued but you have to end it somewhere i spose =(... if your wondering if its worth spending £7 or however much it is it is 100% worth spending!! read it and read the others before it aswell. stephine mayer is a genius and i hope she writes some more books!! sorry for the rant so in a nutshell go for it, buy it and read it!! =P

4.0 out of 5 stars A good end to the story, 8 Aug 2008
I read other peoples reveiws and I think their wrong. Firsty this book is not like the others its completely different will less drama and more action. Bella makes her choice here but theres plenty of twists in store as the bella/edward/jacob triahngle is resolved and bellas future is decided in a way thats shocking yet satisfiying.

However on a bad note the tension between bella and edward fizzles out a little and as for the whole jacob thing you start to wonder what was the point of the third book Eclispe?

But the book holds plently of moments for bella and edward, a good plot, the werewolves still make an apperance and we see other vampires aswell.

I would say to get this book without reading the negative reveiws or it'll spoil it for you. I certinally couldnt put it down.

‹ Previous | 1144 145 146151 | Next ›

The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn, Part 2 16-Month Wall Calendar
The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn, Part 2 16-Month Wall Calendar by Trends International Corp (Calendar - April 2012)