5.0 out of 5 stars great product
i am a lifelong photographer and found this book helped me to get used to the 60D within a week saving me i am shure 6 months using and finding all the functions all in all for me a great time saver.
Published on 19 Jun 2012 by G. Hargreaves

3.0 out of 5 stars David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 60D
Published 5 months ago by Video maker

4.0 out of 5 stars useful guide, 30 Jun 2012
S. Bennett (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 60D (Spiral-bound)
I ordered this as I knew my camera would come without a manual and, although I downloaded the official manual, I thought having an actual book in my hand would be more useful.

The camera arrived 24 hrs before the book and I had actually worked out 70% of the functions/buttons/menus etc before opening the book. I have been using a canon 400D camera and although most of the buttons and dials are in a different position, using the camera is pretty intuitive.

The book is ideal for new Canon users and people who want to learn how to use the camera off of autosetting, but for experienced Canon owners who know their way around a current canon camera I think the majority of the book would perhaps be unnecessary. The part of the book that helped me most was explaining how to save my own settings on the camera plus details on registering the battery. Once I have a decent off camera flash I'm sure it will be handy with it's it's instructions for certain speedlite uses.

All in all a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 19 Jun 2012
G. Hargreaves (BLACKPOOL) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars cannon eos 60 d guide, 27 Sep 2013
its better than the camera manual more condensed easier to use less pages than the original manual which is 300 plus pages

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS60D Compact Field Guide, 3 April 2014
Well described, Excellent publication,As expected from David Busch. Fully up to speed and helps to cut the wordy Canon original guide

3.0 out of 5 stars David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 60D, 14 Mar 2014
I have to begin by saying that I'm not by any means a novice photographer. I bought this book in the hope of getting a portable, easy to access, source of mind-jogging information when in the field. I don't really have too much problem with the actual content itself. After all, when compared to what Cannon give you with your expensive camera, pretty much anything written in plain English is a help! Having said that, I do, however have an issue with the quick ease of use of this guide. It is, after all, meant to be a quick-reference, handy field-guide to commonly used controls and settings etc. I must confess to having a problem, in some places at least, with the quick understandability of this guide. As I said, I would say I'm quite a knowledgeable photographer and just needed a QUICK reference field-guide. Sadly, for me at least, this is not it and it won't be accompanying me in the field. I will, however, still keep it at home for reference as almost anything is better than the Canon instruction book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, Light to carry, 9 Mar 2014
Bought for a friends birthday present. He finds it easy to read + understand. He feels it could be made smaller as it has to live in the main compartment of his camera bag, taking up space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented book, 16 Sep 2013
Mr. C. Hunter - See all my reviews
Camera was supplied without handbook, it was not easy to read the handbook on line so I purchased this book, very understandable and good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good simple guide, 16 May 2013
An excellent guide that simplifies procedures that are in the guide supplied with the camera. The guide is very hard wearing making it easy to carry around

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the manual, 13 Feb 2013
This guide makes it so much easier to understand how to use the cameras many modes and functions. Well worth it's price

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Companion for a day out, 29 Jan 2013
A great book with plenty of help and advice for when you want that perfect shot but can't remember what setting you need. One word of warning, its about 12mm thick and larger than A5 so its not a small thing to slip into a bag, but then again the 60D is no size zero herself so probably not a problem for most.

David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 60D
David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 60D by David Busch (Spiral-bound - 2 Jun 2011)
9.00