5.0 out of 5 stars Notes on David Busch book on Cannon EOS 7D
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by jbwood

1.0 out of 5 stars misprinted pages
bought this as i have had other of this authors guides over the years. problem was that a number of pages ( 138 to 163 ) were dupicated further in the book ( from page 173) and what should have been there ( 173 to to 198 ) were missing . this is certainly the publishers fault and in no way reflects on the author or content . i ended up returning two copies with this...
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Mr. K. J. I. Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Notes on David Busch book on Cannon EOS 7D, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: David Busch's Canon EOS 7D Guide to Digital SLR Photography (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides) (Paperback)
From reading reviews of alternative books on EOS 7D I got the impression that most were revamps of the user guide that came with the camera. That was until I came across David Busch's manual. As I wanted as much technical information as possible I bought this book and I am very pleased with it. It is easy to be negative in a review and I shall only point out minor issues: One is that that the book is quite heavy. However, it is beautfully presented with many detailed illustrations that I keep coming back to. I like the amount of details in the descriptions that explains many features of the camera that are sometimes difficult to get your head around. Having studied the book (and there are still parts that I have not yet had time to study) I realize how many features the EOS 7D has. Sometimes when reading the book - I use it as a manual to get to understand each camera feature - I find that I have to move from a basic description in the beginning of the book to more advanced explanations much later. This I find a little irksome but the key thing is that the information is usually there and in great detail.

So, in conclusion I love the book and would recommend it to anybody who really wants to know what is going on when you press the button on the camera.
Go and buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for experts or beginners, 13 Feb 2011
An excellent book in every way - it covers all the things you want to know, with very clear diagrams and photos. If you already know a lot about photography (and if you own a 7D you probably do) you may find some things aimed more at the newcomer, but it is easy to skip them. It's all a lot easier than looking up each item in the manual, particularly the custom settings. I find it is a book you can use for reference or just browse when you feel like it. Top marks, and streets ahead of the average camera guide book.

One word of warning though: Amazon have a faulty batch of these books, in which 16 pages are missing, and 16 pages are repeated. I tried three times to get a good copy, but in the end had to buy it elsewhere. If you get a faulty copy, the chances are that any replacement will also be faulty. They are not going to check every page before bunging it in the post. So when you open it, check that all the pages are there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further - the 7D guide of choice, 28 Oct 2010
Isleowightrob (Isle of Wight UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent guide to the 7D. Clear, concise and very well illustrated.
My previous guide (for the 40D) was Canon EOS 40D Digital Field Guide [Paperback]
Charlotte K. Lowrie which was ok but not a patch on David Busch's work. (I have not seen her 7D Guide)
For a beginner to someone with a bit of experience - he covers the lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant manual for Cannon 7D, 12 Sep 2012
This is a beautiful book - well written and illustrated. The author is a well respected and seasoned writer of high quality camera books. The illustrations are well designed and the content allows the reader to quickly experiment with the sophisticated Cannon 7D. Camera books are often crammed full of technical jargon and can be very daunting for the novice. This book manages to engage the novice while providing the more advanced user ample tuition in the the cameras advanced features. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS 550D by David Busch, 8 Sep 2011
Don't understand how people manage without his book, they are so comprehensive and explain far more than the silly little (in my case photocopied and stapled by hand) book that comes with the camera. Brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for owners of Canon 550D BARGIN!!!, 4 Jan 2012
This Book has helped me immensely as I have never owned a Digital SLR I was very unsure of where to
Start but this book is great very stright forward with nice large pictures to illustrate all points fully and it was
Much cheaper than other places I looked, I would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars comporules, 13 Mar 2011
T. Reece "Compo the Great" (Bexhill on Sea UK) - See all my reviews
This book is stunning and is a perfect buy for (like me) new 7D owners but I am sure everyone could learn from this book. Well illustrated and the illustrations are next to the text and not 20 pages away. Very plain and simple language, no geek-speak and it is a photography course on its own. Don't read this without having your camera close by. Slightly repetitive but the 7D has so many double-feature buttons and dials it cannot avoid this. A beautifully presented, clear, concise,easy-to-read masterpiece which is a must-buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive book- best out there, 13 Jan 2013
Having had a Canon D400 for many years I decided it was time to upgrade . I thought that I was going to go fullframe initially but ended up being swayed by the D7 . I decided to make sure I was getting the best out of this complex camera so searched the internet for something a little more instructive than the supplied manual.
This book certainly fits the remit , the text despite dealing with much technical detail is quite easy to read .This perhaps is because it reads as if someone is actually speaking directly to you.
To highlight the 'speaking' there are colour shots of the subject involved in the 'conversation'. All very useful and i did learn a few things about the camera beyond what I had already discovered by playing with it myself.
The book delves deep into the menus and explains how and why as well as the functions of the camera .
I read of the odd mistake in other reviews , this may be so but overall the advice given is extremely good and the book is in my eyes the best available on the market at the moment .
It is a volume of some size ...you are unlikely to carry it around with you .....so much of the learning will be done at home .
Overall , a good buy and a suprisingly easy read ...an essential for those moving up from an entry level camera. Without this book those menus on the camera would be really difficult to understand the settings or the need for altering them .
If you want a book to help you out then this one is noyt likely to disappoint .

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for a great camera., 4 Nov 2012
Keith R. Sauerwald "Aves Para Siempre." (Darwin, AUSTRALIA.) - See all my reviews
At this point in time, I have only had the oportunity to browse through this book because I haven't got the camera yet! I'll be buying that on my soon to be trip to Singapore. So, I thought it logical to buy this very informative book while I'm passing time prior to my visit in January. But, I found that reading the book without the camera, is like reading with my eyes closed.However, the book is full of need to know information, most of which can only be put together with the help of the camera. If you own one of these cameras or are going to buy one, then this book is a neccessity to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars David Busch's Canon EOS7D Guide to Digital SLR Photography, 17 Aug 2012
I was fortunate enough to purchase this book and read it before my EOS 7D arrived. This book is a must read if you want to get to grips with this camera straight from the off.
If your upgrading from an earlier EOS camera then as the book says you can jump chapters however if like me this the 7D is your first major camera purchase it's a fantastic guide.
It's really well writen and provides an insight into best practice from an author with years of practicle expereince in the field.