5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 26 April 2012
Michael I. Gibbens "emm gee" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Busch's Nikon D3s/D3x Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)
I must admit when I ordered this book I did wonder wether the previous reviewers were a bit too biased, maybe a bit over the top about its content? Well, I can now say that they were totally right. Ive had a few cameras and subsequently bought a book that I hoped would help me understand it a little better than the customary makers guide. No other book I have read about a camera I have bought has been so helpfull in so many ways. A superb and beautifully presented book for photographers of all levels. Dont hesitate, buy it.David Busch's Nikon D3s/D3x Guide to Digital SLR Photography

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but writing is vey large, 26 Nov 2012
Seem ok but I don't like the writing as it is very large which makes the book big, heavy and difficult to handle (I commute to work hence heavy to carry).

However, over all is very informative and explains the manual in details.

Price wise it was more than reasonable compared to other writers without mentioning names.

Yes I do recommend the book if you are looking for basics to start with

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 13 Mar 2012
Great intro and helpful guide to using an amazing camera. Bought this volume after reading the Magic Lantern guide (hmmmm!) and having read David's guide for the D7000. 'Nuf said!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read manual, 27 Mar 2013
The descriptions in this manual provide you with an understanding of how the settings work rather than just telling you how to change the setting.

Very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed, informative and a must have, 1 Jan 2014
I have a D3s and struggled to find something that met my requirements so that I could master every detail of this fantastic camera.
The book is well set out, great pictures to ensure you have the same view and having now read the book is all you need if you want to be an expert in the D3s
Great to also understand what is useful and what relates to other sections to what is a very advanced and powerful camera interface if you know what you are doing.
As a sports shooter I need to know my camera inside out in dark, wet and sometimes stressful time intense situations I was using less than a third of its functions which is still a lot but now I have some extra tools and how to use them.
Feels like I bought a new camera again finding some of these nuggets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 July 2013
Covers the subject in exhaustive detail - so much so that it's a bit of a daunting read, but better than Nikon supplied Users Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for Nikon D3s users., 2 April 2013
Colin H (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This book goes much further than many so called guides, which are basically just slightly expanded version of the Nikon manual.
Some genuinely useful tips - recommended.

David Busch's Nikon D3s/D3x Guide to Digital SLR Photography