5.0 out of 5 stars Totally gripping - couldn't put it down!, 21 Oct 2007
There are not many books I can't put down. But when I was forced away from this page-turner, I felt quite annoyed and even went to bed early to read some more!

The story is not, sadly, an unknown one - a young girl gets sucked into some kind of cult, which ultimately has a terrifying ending (I mean, the title is a big clue!). But the writing is so stylish, not an ounce of prose wasted, that even though you know what's coming, you still can't tear yourself away. And I particularly loved the language of fruit and flowers - they play an integral part in the story (the main character goes to work on a fruit farm) and you can practically taste the nectarines and strawberries, the raspberries and gooseberries - and the trance-inducing passionflower nectar. It's a seductive poison.

There is a twist of a kind towards the end, which I did see coming. However, guessing this twist actually made me want to read on even more, to see how things would pan out; how this person would act when it came to the end. I can't say more than that because it would give the story away!

This is the first book by Nicola Morgan that I have read, and I will definitely be seeking out more of her books - she's a wonderful writer. Highly recommended! (but not for the faint of heart, I should add!)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Book, 30 Dec 2007
I read this book in the summer holidays.
I really, really enjoyed it. It is so gripping, you find yourself engrossed in the story very easily, I simply could not put it down. I know it is a bit of a cliche but this book is seriously difficult to put down. Every page gives you more clues as the eventual mystery unfolds. You start the book through the eyes of Matilda, a young and naive girl who's childhood was sheltered. I think it is a believeable story as this young, sixteen year old girl gets entranced in by these people on the fruit farm more and more. As I am the same age as her, it was easy for me to believe how she was feeling.

I would recommend this book to late teenagers and adults as it is not for the faint hearted! It is exciting and not the sort of book that you can read with the lights out. This could just be me as I get scared easily but I still think about this film now. It really changed me.

So yes, read it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Passion Flower Massacre, 5 April 2008
Robert Gowling (N Yorks) - See all my reviews
The Passion Flower Massacre - A book written by a gripping author, looking forward to reading another book by Nicola Morgan. It deserved the Scottish Arts Council book of the year award. This book seems a very easy an d quick book to read but it wasn't you just enjoy it.I hope you do to!

5.0 out of 5 stars the passion of the massacre, 24 Sep 2006
R G D (edinburgh, scotland) - See all my reviews
i absolutely loved this book!!! the way nicola morgan expressed matildas naivety and how she yearns to feel belonging in a sinister cult was magnificent. i have read other books of the same author and each are so individual yet each are recognizably pieces of nicola morgan's excellent work.

The Passion Flower Massacre
The Passion Flower Massacre by Nicola Morgan (Library Binding - Sep 2007)