5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book and Beautiful Copy!
Published 13 months ago by Lowen

3.0 out of 5 stars Sherlock~
It's a heavy book and not very comfy to read when sitting in bed.
The book is written in old-english (if I'm right) and that is a bit hard for me to read.
'Cause I'm not so good at English x ^x
Published 15 months ago by Carmen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book and Beautiful Copy!, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Complete Sherlock Holmes, The (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classic Collection) (Leather Bound)
This book came in amazing time just 2 days after ordering which I was thrilled about. I was a bit worried about buying it because of some of the reviews but I'm very glad I did. The book has beautiful illustrations on the cover and on the title page between each novel and collection of short stories. I was worried because some people have commented about Americanisms in the book but these can only be found in the Kindle edition as my hardback copy didn't have any, yes I felt smug about that! The stories themselves are thrilling and I found it hard to put it down after starting so much so that I read all 60 stories in a month and 3 weeks and I have now become a little obsessed with Sherlock Holmes. This is a beautiful book and a thrilling collection of stories I would recommend to anyone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have been happier!, 19 Nov 2011
This is a thick volume containing all of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. The book is stunning - a beautiful leatherbound volume with thick paper and nicely typeset pages. This looks like an old book from someone's grandparents' library. Provides for a magical reading experience! I'll be passing this on to my kids, if I ever have any!

The delivery was extremely fast, and I couldn't be happier!

5.0 out of 5 stars looks amazing, 2 Jun 2013
the look of this leather bound book is amazing it has great detail in the cover, as well as on each page. With all the stories of the great sherlock holmes what more could you possibly want. This is a book that can last for ever in your holme library .
Thanks for this quality book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 Dec 2013
Looks gorgeous and came nicely packaged in clear plastic to keep it protected. Absolute bargain for such a nice item which looks like it will last generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book Highly Collectable, 4 Jan 2012
I bought this for my Husband for Christmas. He was thrilled with it. Beautifully bound, gold leaf on the pages make it highly collectable. An excellent price from Amazon and now has pride of place on my husband's bookshelf I can highly recommend this from so many different levels, well known story, beautiful collectable a definite future heirloom for our grandchildren

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot deduct that this book is nothing but brilliant!!, 28 Feb 2013
Every single Sherlock Holmes story ever written, who could resist. At first was unsure whether to risk it as some other reviews mentioned the language being americanised - I have not found this, half way through and olde English all the way. The cover is solid and beautifully decorated (its heavy but worth it). I had looked at other copies of this book but the sheer design alone is worthy of choosing this product, so impressed I have just ordered the Shakespeare Barnes and Noble edition. The pages are all edged with gold to give the book a real classic look.
Bottom line the language is great, the design and quality is great - stop reading reviews and bite the bullet, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book., 7 April 2013
Beautifully bound book, love it. This was a present for my husband who loves all things Victorian, and the look and feel of this volume fits into this genre perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely edition, especially for leather fetishists like Simon, 17 Oct 2012
I only noticed the Barnes & Noble Leatherbound classics range a few days ago and thought they looked like very good value for money, especially as I am fan of the "old style" hardbacks rather than the cheap reinforced card with dustcover versions that you get today.

I have to say I wasn't disappointed with my purchase! This really is a lovely book and looks great on my bookshelf. The quality of the cover is excellent and the binding itself looks pretty good, especially when compared to other hardbacks I own.

The only negative is that the paper if very thin, and on occasion the print looks a little pale/patchy in places. However this is only an occasional/minor problem and in no way detracts from the quality of the book overall.

If you are a fan of hardbacks (and Sherlock Holmes of course!) then I would consider this an essential purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful, 21 Feb 2014
This book arrived quickly and I could not wait to start reading it. The cover is absolutely amazing and the gold trims on the pages add beauty to the book. The leather on the cover makes it look like a true classic.
Could not be happier with the book, my new favorite, its absolutely stunning.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the favourites in one handsome volume., 21 Feb 2014
Mr. Martin Summers "martinsummers99" (Highworth, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my granddaughter aged 10 who, like myself, is a big Holmes fan. A beautifully bound volume it stands out on her bookshelves. Great value and a must for all fans.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›