on 14 January 2011
Really good quality, better than it looks in the picture. Bit heavy though so not great for bedtime reading or travelling. The literature itself is a pretty modern translation which makes it easier to read than some editions.
on 12 June 2012
Got this book for my boyfriend for his birthday. It's absolutely gorgeous - gilt-edged pages, embossed cover. Butler's translation is very readable, but I'm not sure why Barnes & Noble have gone to the trouble of Americanising his spelling? Seems a lot of work for something so superficial.
on 18 October 2014
I am very pleased with this purchase, and I think that it is worthy of my assessment of the highest rating.
on 26 March 2016
Well how can you review one of the world's major classics. ....wonderful to have it on my kindle for any time especially on journeys, the price is so cheap for what can be an expensive book. Fabulous.
on 23 August 2012
I bought this book as an 18th birthday present for my nephew. It is a beautiful good sized leather bound classic. My nephew was delighted and in awe of the quality of the cover and gold edged pages. Excellent buy, I would not hesitate to recommend it.
on 2 October 2014
The book is brilliantly bound and just looks and feels so premium.
on 30 December 2011
This book will make a wonderful addition to my shelves of books. It is finished to a very high standard with gold edges to pages and looks very expensive. A very good buy.
on 7 February 2015
easy to follow but I prefer E.V. Rieu's version.
on 27 March 2016
The Odyssey brings all those Greek gods into reality, and there's a few of them, like hundreds. The Iliad very very gory, but like the Odyssey stories you knew as a youngster brought to life.
on 5 April 2015
Perfect condition and very good quality