4.0 out of 5 stars Dont Forget to read it...
If you've ever read Francis Chan before (Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God) then you'll know that he's incredibly easy to get on with. His style is more inquisitive than lecturing. By laying out simple principles Chan then places the onus squarely on the reader, "What are you going to do about it?"

If you're expecting a strong doctrinal treatment of...
Published on 2 Feb. 2011 by saintbeagle

2.0 out of 5 stars Just started....finished
I've nicked this off my sons bookshelf. After years of him pinching mine the tide has turned!

Published on 8 Nov. 2011 by Andrew Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed to read. I am from ..., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit (Paperback)
Exactly what I needed to read. I am from a conservative church, and for a while have been thinking that we don't pay enough attention to the third person of the Godhead. I didn't know where to start trying to find out more. This book excited, challenged and encouraged me beyond expectation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Dec. 2014
This was a very challenging yet encouraging book. It helped me to understand thing about the Holy Spirit that I'd never considered before and left me with a hunger and a desire to walk in step with the Spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Dec. 2012
for biblestudy, personal use ++ ++ ++ . this and crazy love are great resources for a bible-study-group. also check out other books from this author (and John Piper ++)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 26 Jan. 2015
Easy to read, hard to put down. Going through this at our home-groups now. The accompanying videos for each chapter are a great bonus. (These can be found on youtube)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 Nov. 2013
I found the item very useful and I had no problem with it and I did not wait for it too much but exactly the time suggest at the time of the purchasing. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've ever read, 18 April 2014
The best eye opener for the spirit I have ever read and has helped me teach and hopefully open many of my brothers and sisters eyes fantastic book !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars radio, 20 Mar. 2013
great to listen to while driving. as long as you do not mind silences that is. he is so sincere

4.0 out of 5 stars Read it as a group, 24 Mar. 2015
Good and useful to read individually or a group with the study book and videos

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
Very good found it useful and challenging

2.0 out of 5 stars Just started....finished, 8 Nov. 2011
Andrew Price (Colchester UK) - See all my reviews

My initial thoughts (I've just started it) are that I've read so many books about the Holy Spirit and they are all very upbeat, but by the end you are left frustrated wondering how to change things, how to become the 'super christian' they seem to promise. So, will Francis Chan be any different? Hope so. Watch this space....if you can be bothered that is!

So an overdue update, frankly it was quite disappointing, although I'm not too sure what I was expecting (my son has since told me he found it hard work). I thought maybe a fresh insight into weaknesses in the Charismatic Church that we could avoid? Or problems with those of a less charismatic outlook that could be built upon. A quote from the blurb ' Chan contends that we've ignored the Spirit for far too long'. Really?? Have we really ignored the Holy Spirit? Or is it a popular view to sell books? Maybe it's his style of writing, maybe it's me, be I didn't feel he accomplished what he promised. I'm still frusrated wondering if there is a problem or not.

I will look out for some of his other stuff, as I do seem to be in a minority.

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan (Paperback - 29 May 2009)