I usually take a week of more to finish a book. This one I completed in 2 days.

Published on 26 Mar 2011 by DavidKimbell

3.0 out of 5 stars good insight
I enjoyed Martin's honesty, though it could have been more coherent at times in terms of the plan of the book. It definitely provoked some thought for me as a singer and worshiper:) I would liked to have had some of Anna's perspective in the book as a constructive point.
Published 11 months ago by kellermorf

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback on Delirious: My Journey with the Band, a Growing Family and an Army of Historymakers, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Delirious: My Journey with the Band, a Growing Family and an Army of Historymakers (Paperback)
I usually take a week of more to finish a book. This one I completed in 2 days.

The book is not filled with facts, or even with a story. Rather, it is one man's struggle to put on paper the complete journey of his heart and soul, and his ongoing wrestling match with his God. An impossible task. And therefore, of course, he fails. But what does that matter? Even God struggles to fully communicate himself to human beings through mere written words.

Instead, I am left feeling as if I've just been sitting across from the author for eight hours, the remains of five latte's and three panini's on the table. Not that we're counting, because we're too busy focussing on each other's hearts, too busy seeking the mind and heart of our God and Father, yearning for more of Him, begging Him to come change His world and take command, as He has promised He will do.

You are left knowing Martin, not as the author, but as a friend. Even as a soul mate.

So if you're after a bio on Martin Smith, or Delirious?, then this is a really good one. Could it be better? Oh, probably. But I didn't care, I'm quite sure that's not Martin's point. This is a love letter, a heart's scream, a desperate howl for more of God . . . . . . and as such, I just lapped it up as fast as I could . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring read, finished in 3 days, 4 May 2011
I have been yearning for months that God would captivate my heart in a book. Delirious? does just this!

Martin writes honestly about his years with the band and the formation of his family and passions. Having run worship events in the past, similar to CUTTING EDGE, it has been fascinating to read how Martin and the band listened to God in the early stages and how their small worship group expanding into a world wide army of Historymakers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delirious, 1 Sep 2011
Nice reading this book about dilemmas leaving a family for a couple of days or weeks for God's business. It is inspiring to read how to combine a family, band and christianity in daily life. Also nice to know the background of some great Delirious anthems. Easy to read also for the ones for whom the englisch language is not their primary language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 31 May 2014
HM "HM" (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Really enjoyed the honesty and integrity of this book. A must-read for anyone, in particular anyone in ministry and more particular, anyone in worship ministry.

5.0 out of 5 stars open honest and interesting!, 15 May 2014
I really enjoyed reading Martin's book. I bought virtually every Delirious? Album and went to see them in concert so it was so interesting to read about all the difficulties and struggles as well as great times the band had. I found the book really easy to read and encouraging because he is so open and honest and you realise that even famous worship leaders struggle with every day things just like the rest of us or probably more! Really recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 April 2014
Inspirational read for worship musicians and songwriters. A living legend.

I would recommend this a gift to anyone with a heart for worship in the church.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delirious, 7 April 2014
R. A. Hazelgrove (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
A very interesting and honest book charting the rise of Delirious the stresses and strain of touring with a band.

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprising page-turner, 6 April 2014
Having enjoyed Delirous' music, I though this might be worthwhile. After a slightly slow start it turned out to be rather a gripping read.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational honest and challenging, 2 April 2014
Was not expecting to enjoy this book so much even though I loved their music and saw live many times. I am not musical myself but was inspired and challenged by Martin. Definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 27 Mar 2014
Loved this book. An honest, raw, intimate and powerful account of life behind the Smith family door and on the road with Delirious? Martin tells it straight with great humility. Refreshing.