5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book - couldn't put it down!, 7 Oct 2008
Rachel Hall (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
I don't like 'gangster' books but this one I loved! I couldn't put it down and read it in a day. It's the best book I've read in a long time! It's really fast and I was on the edge of my seat to find out what was going to happen next. All the characters are very believable and the ending was a complete suprise. I would definately recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doorman's peril, 10 Sep 2008
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
If you like your books pacey with a sense of realism and a taste of the genuine Liverpool underworld, this book's for you.
I have worked on the doors in Liverpool for the past eleven years and the dialogue, situations and pitfalls are straight from the horses mouth.
Cullen has very clearly illustrated the ease with which one can fall into the darker side of life within certain circles and his use of the scouse dialect has come across really well on paper.
This is a book in which you live the story with the main character, Sammy. You feel his anguish and pain as you follow him through his plight to return order to his troubled, terrifying life.
A fantastic page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2008
Gareth Rl Robertson (Liverpool Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
Usually I'm not a massive fan of the mobster genre but this book has changed my view, its a fast gritty tale that will keep you enthralled from cover to cover an amazing start for a up and coming writer... Brilliant both my eyes and thumbs hurt from turning the pages so fast literally couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it Loved it Loved it, 28 Nov 2008
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
This book is a must read, It kept me interested from start to finish. I couldn't put it down. Highly recommended. You find yourself rooting for the right person for totally the wrong reasons. I wouldn't of given evidence against him for the world ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 20 Feb 2009
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
I love this book - from the first page i couldn't put it down. Although my first gangster read i didn't predict the ending. Can't wait for the next Cullen book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read!, 6 Oct 2008
RebRuth (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
I was given this book as a present, and I read it all in one go - couldn't put it down. The characters are great, very realistic and believeable, you find yourself rooting for the main character against all your better judgement. The story is fast paced and surprising - although the ending is perhaps inevitable, I didn't see it coming. A really great read - I'll be buying copies for all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent debut novel, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
This is not the type of genre that I would normally read, but given the book was set in Aughton,the village where I grew up, I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did, as it is an excellent read. The content of club life, drug dealing and murder, may not make ideal reading if you are easily offended, but if you are an open minded sort, who likes a gritty novel, with twists and turns, then give this a go! Tarantino and Scorcese type drama set in Merseyside would be an apt description. Well done Guy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loose Ends, 2 Mar 2009
Diane Buckley (Warrington. Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loose Ends (Paperback)
What a fantastic book! My first 'gangster' book I had ever read, Cullen portrays a great character in 'sammy' I thought he was brilliant. You really get into the book so quickly and you just have to keep reading it - you really do find it hard to put it down. Can't wait for the next book!

Loose Ends
Loose Ends by Guy Cullen (Paperback - 24 July 2008)
12.38