5.0 out of 5 stars My husband thinks its brilliant, 30 July 2009
A. Hinton (Dorset) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my husband, and he could hardly put it down. The author writes an open and honest account of his time in the Police. From Gwent to the Met. It's not 'Look at me I'm great, I'm Rambo' book. Andy is a team player, capable of admitting his errors, and it makes gripping reading. The chapters are in 'bite size' timeline of episodes. A great read. I don't want to give any more away!
My father bought a copy, and he loved it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars a true insight into our then respected police force, 6 Feb 2009
This review is from: You're Nicked My Son: A True Account of 30 Years Policing (Paperback)
You're Nicked My Son: A True Account of 30 Years PolicingThis is a book you cannot put down. It is so well written that although factual you feel as though you are actually there and part of it.From his days as a beat bobby through the Sweeny and murder squad to his retirement this is a man who chose to dedicate his life to preventing crime of all sorts. Share with him the highs and lows of his career from his unbounded enthusiasm at the start to his disillusionment at what had become of the police force prior to his retirement. See a private side of the man in blue, how the job affects him,so that he's never away from it.Read this book please and compare it to the service we have today and I'm sure that you to will agree with the sentiments and opinions of the author as to what has become of todays force and indeed the country in general. This book should become compulsory reading for all serving and trainee police officers and they should be told this is the type of police force we had, the pride of the world, it's your duty to give it back to the public, justice for the victim not the villain. Well done Andy the country should be proud of you and the many officers of your era.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read many of this type of book, This is the best.., 28 July 2010
Lg Djackson "Diane" (England) - See all my reviews
I worked with Andy for several years, this is true life in the force. His thoughts, and experiences are amazing. Many other menbers of my family want to read the book. Could not put it down.. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Mar 2010
Spot on. A great book. All those events I recall were accurately documented (thank goodness some others weren't!) This will certainly give you a taster of what the more interesting aspects of The Job are, but never forget the mountain of paperwork at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tirion Morgan, 30 Jun 2009
Mrs. Tirion Morgan (Gwent) - See all my reviews
Those of us that have been in 'the job' all have stories to tell - some more exciting than others - but we've all swapped tales over a drink with friends, etc. Andy has gone that step further and committed his to paper and he is to be congratulated. Told in a natural manner it is easy to imagine sitting down with Andy while he regales us with his reminiscences - well done that man!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read., 20 Jan 2011
Gosh. What a book and what an experience for me. I have known Andy since childhood when he worked with my Father and has been a colleague to either my husband, father, friends and me during all his service in the Met. I have always had huge respect for him. There was hardly a name or tale I hadn't heard first or second hand over the years and it brought back many memories - good, bad, sad and very funny. I had a good chuckle through much of the book but raged at the chapter addressing the final days of service of PC John Gordon. Somebody should be very ashamed of themselves.

This book is a must read for anybody who wants a warts 'n' all insight in to the life of a pro active and professional officer. It should be compulsory reading for any management sat in Ivory towers for too long who need a reminder of sacrifices that are made by front line officers and daily dangers they are confronted with.....

Andy should be proud of his service and this book. Very, very well done.

You're Nicked My Son: A True Account of 30 Years Policing
You're Nicked My Son: A True Account of 30 Years Policing by Andy Vick (Paperback - 24 Oct 2008)
15.95