5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This is a wonderful book, it made me feel that awakening to spiritual reality is closer than I am lead to believe and just maybe I can wake up too. Attentive presence I keep reminding myself as I go about my chores. Thank you Keith
Published on 14 Jun 2009 by Oonagh O'Reilly

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid at all costs
Published on 5 July 2008 by elsewhere

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid at all costs, 5 July 2008
This review is from: Finding Reality: Awakening to Spiritual Freedom (Paperback)
This is a very poor book: badly written, overlong, and addressing the central issue largely in terms of pop-psychology. If you really want to get to grips with the issues this book only pretends to address I would advise the books of John Wheeler, where a true cutting-edge approach to the subject comes over loud and clear. I am at a complete loss over the glowing reviews of other readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jun 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying book, 4 Dec 2013
A. Murphy (Dorset, England England) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the authors second book but this first one was really in the end annoying. Badly written with obvious grammar error and so boringly repetitive. Apart from that he makes bizarre claims repeatedly that spiritual teachers talk about living in the now but do not show how. Then he explains his idea of coming to your senses which the school of philosophy teachees in the first ten minutes of attending their classes and is a well known school. !This being present alone apparently leads to spiritual awakening. Of course it does no such thing. One to avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars The end of the seeker, 25 Aug 2010
If at some point in your life you remember starting to read spiritual books and your not sure why and it feels like you have been on a search forever then this book is for you. When you have collected enough sign posts but failed to walk the walk then this is for you. This is the end of your journey as a spiritual seeker, the end of ego sabotaging your real presence. Read and enjoy the dry Irish Homour and empathise with one man's search for what he already had all along Wonderful !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Reality and the appearance of a doer, 2 Aug 2010
This I find is an interesting read and helpfully clears away a lot of confusion surrounding spirituality for what is believed to be a person.
Unfortunately however it still falls into the trap of duality in that it seems to imply that there is a seperate
person or doer that can achieve the ability to watch thoughts and emotions in the same way you can learn to be a computer programmer, IE. Me over here and the thoughts over there-- One ,Two.
thats still duality. If it seems like thoughts are overcome or seen by what the author suggests, then there is still a me there at the end of it all. There isn't anything in the book with any insight on the fact that what appears as a seperate world around us is actually not seperate from what we are either.
However the book would be very helpful to being (oneness) that wants to carry on pretending they are a somebody and have some relief for that person from thought and going to dream gurus.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of 'thee' most annoying books I've read, 27 Jan 2012
A. Gothorp - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've never read a 'spiritual' book before and if is this a prime example I am very glad I haven't. There were two valid and interesting points about trying to observe and control your thoughts, and also about being generally observant of the present and living for the now. But what is this incredibly annoying 'thee reality' terminology? Do people really speak like this? I felt like uploading the whole thing to Word just so I could correct all the 'thee's' to 'the's'.
Loy doesn't seem to like other spiritual gurus much does he? In fact he spends about 80% of the book ranting on about why he doesn't like them.
This is a poor book, badly written, and with little substantial content, I would be wary of the high ratings this has received on Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few things to say, 8 Dec 2010
I think that the author had some sort of spiritual awakening, but she tends to criticize a little bit too much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poorly written,nothing new in this book., 19 Jan 2009
The author rants about what he doesn't like constantly repeating how he dislikes false spiritual gurus,2nd hand knowledge and many other things.
The book is very poorly written with no logical progression through the book.
It's 150 pages he could have written it in 50 pages.The only valuable point he makes in the whole book is that we should silence our minds and be present in the now which is exactly what Eckhart Tolle says in the brilliant book The Power of Now.
I have read about 100 spiritual books this is the worst.I was so surprised this book got published i went to the publishers web site Authorhouse which explains how this book got published.

5.0 out of 5 stars knocks most of the non-dual books for six, 4 Dec 2008
This is a funny, enjoyable and interesting book. The message is clear, needed and for anyone interested in non dual teaching an essential read. This man tells it how it is, pulls no punches, and knocks most of the non-dual books for six.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth Reading, 23 July 2008
This book is well worth a read, straight to the point, honest and humourous in parts.

Finding Reality: Awakening to Spiritual Freedom
Finding Reality: Awakening to Spiritual Freedom by Keith Loy (Paperback - 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01