5.0 out of 5 stars in the pursuit of love!, 11 April 2012
J. DOUGLAS "Johnny Douglas" (Nr London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Ryken combines an incredible knowledge of scripture with a knowledge of classical and modern culture, and a breadth and depth of reading in historic and current Christian literature--all the while keeping Scripture in its central place. This is a cutting, clear and Christ-exalting sweep on one of the most majestic chapters in all of scripture: 1 Corinthians 13.

You will come away from his book softened, mellowed, calmed, entranced, even inspired, and all by an eloquently stunning exposition of love. I found myself humming simple choruses of love and worship back to Jesus while reading this. IVP are to be congratulated on possibly their most attractive title to date in format, font, styling and artwork. Heart searching but truly faith affirming and a rare title that will thrill you with all that Christ means! A top class pursuit of love!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great study!, 19 Nov 2013
We are using this as a study for our growth groups in church. We are all learning a lot from the study!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book and quality print and paper., 28 Jun 2013
The cover of this book is very good quality and the pages are thick and durable. The contents of this book is fantastic but I did find that it go a bit obvious towards the end and started to become like a commentary but other than that, it is a great book worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting approach to a very familiar chapter., 26 April 2013
Wondered a little at first how a whole book could be written about one chapter!
However, Phil Ryken's approach of taking a detailed look at the individual verses of
1 Corinthians 13 and at the same time laying this besides various Gospel accounts of
Jesus, the supreme example of love in action, works very well.
Am still working through the book, which incidentally has a useful section to help with
group discussion, but already there has been excellent comment by Ryken and much to
challenge our own frequent inadequacies in loving the way Jesus loves.
I like anything from the IVP stable for solid, challenging teaching.
This book has certainly not failed to deliver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful look into the perfect love of Jesus, 8 Jan 2013
To see Jesus' life as the perfect example of love through the lens of the 'love chapter' (1 Cor 13) showed me how unloving my own heart is but refreshed me to delight more in Jesus and pray that he'll change me to be more like Himself! Read it. Then read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realise how lovely Jesus is: Wonderful read for individuals (& group study too!), 16 Nov 2012
This book has made me love Jesus all the more as I see how he loves. Jesus shows us what God is like, & this is so helpful in showing how perfect and compassionate his love is!

It helpfully takes incidents in Jesus' life, death, resurrection & shows how his love is perfectly patient, kind, etc. I thoroughly recommend this book to everyone! It's easy to read, & each chapter also has study questions at the end which can be used for a group bible study. It's been the best thing we've done recently at our ladies' bible study.

Loving the Way Jesus Loves
Loving the Way Jesus Loves by Philip Graham Ryken (Paperback - 31 Jan 2012)
8.92