5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful read
Published on 9 May 2011 by teenabeena

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great book
I do not rate this book. It stands up for bullying types. I do not relate to the guy who wrote the book.
Published on 3 Jun 2009 by Mr. R. F. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful read, 9 May 2011
Having passionate interest in why many boys appear to be failing in school (I am a primary teacher of 10 years), I was drawn to this book. The author is extremely knowlegable and genuinely open to other opinions and views about his theories. He supports all of his theories with case studies and research, which is extensive. I also welcomed the fact that he has carried out research in a variety of schools from different soci-economic backgrounds. Well worth the read and even if you disagree with his reasoning it will prompt further debate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning! Warning! Warning! We are not doing RIGHT by our boys!, 28 Jan 2014
Dr. K. E. Patrick (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This book has changed how I bring up my boys. Already a fairly conservative parent anyway, who homeschools and provides both a healthy diet and lots of exercise, not to mention quite strict about electronic use, I realise that even these are probably not enough to give my boys the best environment for their growth and maturity.

The bottom line is this: plastic bottles for drinking water and soda contain BPA which negatively effect the production of male hormones and messes up their bodies (buy re-usable bottles without BPA), computer games enhances only one part of the male brain but makes the other part shrivel, thus damaging their centres of motivation and real-life connection (going as far as making them prefer simulated, on-line girlfriends rather than the real thing); and the use of ritalin and other behaviour-modifying drugs are so bad, even when "just trying them out", that brain chemistry and behaviours patterns will be altered forever.

Yikes, people! Wake up! This isn't just scare-mongering, but careful and factual brain studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now is the time to read this book!, 18 Sep 2014
Yes the book arrived within the time frame and I have begun to read it. It is very provoking and insightful in relation to exploring the nature of young boys who become young men who become men....and the challenges that they face and how they can if ignored follow through into manhood. It saddens me that our boys, our young men and even our men have been drifting for so long.... I pray and hope that this book will help inspire, encourage and activate us as men and women to rise up and take the steps necessary to address this 'drifting' in our boys lifes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Oct 2013
Every parent with a boy child will identify something they have encountered with their mothering experience.
Fantastic and loved the way it was written

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Sep 2014
Excellent, a excellent insight into this growing phenomenom! A must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars boys adrift, 3 Sep 2011
Boys Adrift: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men

Depressive reading ..However reality is there. Changing world is effecting humans. However, missing spirituality, living just for this world brings about the problem of today world. The book misses these points.
The book arrive very quickly

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great book, 3 Jun 2009
He seems to base his logic on the jocks and the nerds. Well at my school most of those who did not pay football were fat bullies. The bullies were no better at football than me. This is bizarre drivel about saying if you behave well you are a woman. What load of sick rubbish does that mean Rose West was a man.

Used & New from: £39.57