I purchased the book to refresh my knowledge on Entity Framework, as we are upgrading our system to EF6. The book is very readable from cover to cover and although its is very example based, the format of the book provides the example (recipe) and then explains the example, so no computer is required.

The book is more focused on the Code-First approach to...
Published 9 months ago by M. Redman

2.0 out of 5 stars A Litany of errors
It is a very long time since I have seen so many errors in a programming publication. The last time I saw so many was back in the 1980s copy listings from fledgling Computer Magazines.

Published 6 months ago by Henry Minute

2.0 out of 5 stars A Litany of errors, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Entity Framework 6 Recipes (Recipes Apress) (Paperback)

I have not yet managed to complete Chapter 2 (the first with code examples) since so many of them are erroneous. It wouldn't be quite so bad if just the printed code was wrong but the code download, from the Apress site, is wrong too.

At least trying to get them to work as described in the text leads to a process of discovery about EF6, although there is one that I still cannot get to function as intended.

There are many better books on Entity Framework, avoid this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning EF6 by example, specifically using the Code-First method., 9 Jan 2014
M. Redman (London, UK) - See all my reviews

The book is more focused on the Code-First approach to developing applications with Entity Framework, however there are some examples using Model First. We use the Model-First approach, however there was still value in reading it and I recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn more.

Entity Framework 6 Recipes (Recipes Apress)
Entity Framework 6 Recipes (Recipes Apress) by Nitin Gupta (Paperback - 1 Nov 2013)