5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 28 Jan 2014
Bought for my husband who's very pleased with the book. It's now his new bible lol. Just what he needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book rocks, 24 Oct 2013
M. Skinner (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro ASP.Net Web API: HTTP Web Services in ASP.Net (Expert's Voice in .NET) (Paperback)
I had this one on pre-order and was pleased to see it pop through the door this morning. Apress have a habit of getting great books out to market and this is not one of them - it's better than great, it's BRILLIANT.

You might ask why.

I find you can judge a book by a quick skim - open it at a random page and read what you find there. I just happen to choose the "performance" chapter, where the authors were discussing how to scale a web API using async controllers. It was brilliantly written, gave exactly the right depth of information with really good examples, and also introduced at least one tool I'd never heard of but that will become a staple in my toolbox (and I've been doing this a long, long time, my toolbox already has a lot of stuff in it).

I then chose another chapter at random, and again found some more superb content.

I write .NET code every day - I am an independent contractor and worked for Microsoft for nearly 10 years, so I know a thing or two about the .NET framework and I have to say that this is the single best book I've read on the subject (and I've not read it all yet). This one will be read cover to cover, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone wanting to write ASP.NET WebAPI. I don't have any affiliation with Apress or the authors.

Do yourself a favour and buy this book.

Thankyou Tugberk, Alexander and Ali. Your book rocks.

Pro ASP.Net Web API: HTTP Web Services in ASP.Net (Expert's Voice in .NET)
Pro ASP.Net Web API: HTTP Web Services in ASP.Net (Expert's Voice in .NET) by Badrinarayanan Lakshmiraghavan (Paperback - 24 Sep 2013)
28.39