Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 February 2015
Comprehensive and well-written; practical well-worked examples used throughout really help.

Having explored moving a .NET 2.0 Webforms project to 4.5 – this introduced a lot of the really useful more recent .NET additions (NuGet, URL Routing, Ninject, Handlers etc.), while most importantly sticking to Webforms and not transitioning to MVC. The additional exploration of utilising an MVP pattern in webforms I found particularly fascinating.

The author's tips and methodology concerning the structuring and organisation of a webforms project I found unusually effective, for so simple an approach. Often made me wish my project had been handled with such thought from the beginning.

Excellent, enormously useful book – especially for those with legacy webforms projects that want to keep up-to-date, but not restart with MVC.
on 5 May 2014
I found this book very useful and comprehensive. It guides you from the very beggining with good working examples, also providing all necessary information you need to to go through these in Visual Studio environment. It covers almost every area of asp.net programming providing useful suggestions and advice.