1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive Guide to Optimisation! Awesome book!, 17 Aug 2011
Mr. Graham Cummings (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ultra-Fast ASP.NET: Building Ultra-Fast and Ultra-Scalable Web Sites Using ASP.NET and SQL Server (Expert's Voice in .NET) (Paperback)
I've bought a few optimisation books now and read a multitude of optimisation articles on t'internet. I was almost expecting this to be a rehash of everything I've seen so far. While some of the information in this book can be found elsewhere, there's genuinely lots of fantastic optimisation info in this book that I've not seen elsewhere. The book covers optimising everything from Javascript through IIS to SQL server, and it has a proud place on my optimisation bookshelf.

It's not a beginner book, and is more aimed at seasoned developers, but if your website is running slow, or you take your optimising seriously, then you must buy this book. It's a properly hidden gem. I'd overlooked it a few times, but I used Amazon's 'Look Inside' option to view the contents, and that's when I decided to take a punt. I'm so glad I did, as it's an amazing book, and well worth the cash. Highly recommended.