Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

on 25 June 2009
I tend to specialise in SQL performance tuning, I perhaps have 10+ books on the subject. Without doubt this is the single best book on how to improve the performance of your SQL queries.

Read the first chapter of this book for free at the apress website, it gives an overview of the rest of the book.

The author has a great style of writing, very practical, wide-ranging, with lots of sample code and explanation.

The book covers:

Improper Use of Cursors
Improper Configuration of the Database Log
Excessive Use or Improper Configuration of tempdb
on 19 July 2011
A must have book for both developers and DBAs. Coding is just the first step in development but how to write optimized code is next step in career. Whosoever writes whatever kind of code on SQL Server this book gives an excellent overview on code optimization and tuning.
I would highly recommend this book so far my favourite chapter is on indexes....
on 12 July 2011
This is a great book and I would recommend reading it cover to cover.

It contains all the necessary parts of performance tuning.

The physical quality of the book could be better... but sticky tape can fix that problem.
on 12 December 2009
It is very good book I have ever found on SQL performance. I would hightly recommend this book. It can be well understood by beginner and advanced user a like. Lots of practicals to be done. Personally for me, Index Analysis, Statistics Analysis, Fragmentation Analysis & Deadlock Analysis are well explained and liked by me. Only thing I didn't like the quality of pages it is printed on. Summary at the end of each book is enough for you to be recalled everything you read. I read lots of books, but keep very privileged books in my library. It is surely one of them for next 3-4 years at least.
on 8 May 2009
Having already the 2000 version of the book i was really waiting for this one, also knowing Sajal DAM previous book my expectations were up.Unfortunatly this new version does not go as deep as the one writen by Sajal particularly when it comes to practical exemples.
on 13 September 2009
Though, a great book on MS SQL Query Performance Tuning, the pages are printed on a dull newspaper print which when not open with care will make the pages to tear.