5.0 out of 5 stars Essential
Have used many biochemistry text books but this has been the best by far. Explains things very well and found it quite easy to read. Illustrations are clear and I like the problems at the end of the chapters.

Published on 1 Feb 2012 by Harry J

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Book Rubbish Quality
I received my book as ordered in very quick time however when I received the book I had found that on some of the pages have had some of the ink smudged, which ruined the book for me, because I was no unable to clearly read the book that I had ordered.
Published 6 months ago by Benjamin Done

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)

I am currently studying for a degree in Molecular Medicine and Biochemistry and This text covers the subject matter very comprehensively. Anyone studying a Biochemical/Medical type degree should definitely own a copy of this book (Along with Molecular Biology of the Cell - Alberts et al 5th Ed.)

The accompanying website for the book allows students to access e-learning and chapters from the book. Instructors can download all the illustrations from the book for whiteboard projection.

(P.S. A great Biochemistry Lecture series which uses this text is available at ([...]) All rights to Oregon University for the videos).

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to original, lot cheaper but problems missing, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
I bought this book because most international versions of books are similar to the original edition of the book. In this case everything seems to be the same (I've checked with the original one, page by page and them look alike - couldn't really check all the content itself) except for the problems at the end of the chapter - the international verson has less problems when compared to the original edition. If this is not an issue and/or if you access the original version just to check the problems then you're fine because this is much cheaper (60% cheaper when I got it). I love it because I was able to save money and I simply couldn't afford the original one.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things I've ever bought., 19 April 2013
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
I cannot speak highly enough about this book, I bought the earlier edition and fell in love with it. The illustrations are detailed and the book covers tons of topics in great detail and has answered many of the niggling questions I have often wondered about. A++

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
The book itself is really thick. It has a lot of information in biochemistry. the only downside is, there are some spelling mistake which is annoying sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
Fantastic book, good use of diagrams, well written and extremely helpful for my biochemistry based degree scheme, would recommend to anyone in a similar degree as it is fantastic for additional reading and clarifying things that are unclear, excellent section on fatty acids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
A good reference book about a rapidly developing science. I particularly like the colourful and modern attractive presentation. Sadly these latest editions are expensive, but this is of course understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
Excellent quality and contents.Very pleased with this purchase, which I made because of my son,who is preparing to study medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A textbook for my student vet daughter, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
An excellent book specified by Bristol Veterinary college. Stella passed all her exams so must be a good book..Interesting stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
I purchased this textbook shortly after starting university, where I am studying Biological Sciences. It has good, up to date information, and is well laid out with diagrams. Essentially what you'd expect from a good textbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biochemistry by Stryer: Essential, 26 Aug 2012
Mark Warrington (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biochemistry: International Edition (Hardcover)
For anyone who needs any information on metabloic processes and biological structures this is a must buy. This book contained material better than some of my lectures and in my opinion a must buy for anyone studying a biological subject.

Biochemistry: International Edition
Biochemistry: International Edition by Lubert Stryer (Hardcover - 20 April 2011)
55.99