5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent general physics textbook
Published on 3 Jun 2009 by R. Boadle

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery but misleading pitcture
Product picture was of the sixth edition of the book, but the copy received was a 4th edition, which was disappointing.
However, delivery time was very short which was good.
Published 18 months ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent general physics textbook, 3 Jun 2009
R. Boadle "Roisin" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant 1st year physics book, so essential in fact that when I started my physics degree our department bought a copy for every student. It was pretty much my entire first year core course, I don't think I had to touch another book. It is well written with plenty of worked examples, physically unwieldy and you don't want to carry it around everywhere but useful as a reference. The end of chapter questions are listed in terms of their difficulty so you can build up to doing the more complicated questions.

A good buy, I don't think there's much difference between editions though. I have an older copy which is cheaper now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain at this price, 10 April 2014
Extremely informative. Using it for my degree courses and it contains about 99% of what I need to know. Don't understand why it cannot be sold in Canada or USA though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent book, 18 Aug 2013
This is a decent book for a first year undergraduate course, I would strongly recommend it to any undergraduate student.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, 15 July 2013
Arrived quickly with my other item, no damage, excellent condition. The only fault I could think of was that the box size seemed a little wasteful.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need from an all-round physics book, 8 Nov 2012
Nenad Peric (Brno, Czech Republic) - See all my reviews
There is not much to be said about this book - except that it is quite excellent. It comes in hard cover which keeps the (somewhat) flimsy paper in check, and when you do not used it for studies, it looks neat in the shelf as well :)
The quality of material inside is well defined and intended for higher education audience. Not your start-up physics book, but it was not intended to be that anyway.
If you do decide to get this book, be sure that the edition you are buying is extended one (has added detailed chapters on nuclear physics)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is pretty much my whole first year., 13 Jan 2012
My university course in Physics uses this book for the first year. In fact it only uses this book. This is not surprising though, seeing the amount of detail it goes into. For my first exams this was my main revision aid as all the questions are similar to the actual exam questions, and worked through nicely (That and the fact my notes are either pretty crap or nonexistent). Don't worry about running out of practice questions, there are billions! YAY!

The picture doesn't do this book justice either. There is no scale of the size of cover, so I feel I should give some description, for all of you like me expecting a nice small parcel. This book is HUGE, like mega HUGE. Over 1000 pages of joy. I don't think I've ever seen any other book quite as big! It has measurements of 5*24*28cm depth*width*height and weighs like 4kg, so don't expect to take it to uni ever. The large weight also means it doubles up nicely as a doorstop, meaning you can be a social party animal with the powers of physics.

Oh and don't read this in bed. You may suffer an injury when your arms become tired.

5.0 out of 5 stars university physics, 30 Sep 2011
Bought this for my son starting university. He thinks it's great!! Contains everything he needs for the module. Need to be seriously into high level physics to appreciate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct 2014
the book was delivered in good time to the address given

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery but misleading pitcture, 13 April 2013
However, delivery time was very short which was good.

Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics
Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics by Gene P. Mosca (Hardcover - 30 Sep 2007)