on 5 August 2013
I bought this book for my niece's 7th birthday. I was slightly concerned on arrival that it would be too old for my niece (although her reading age is very advanced) but she was thrilled with the present and is already absorbing and repeating many of the interesting facts.
I intended this to be a book that she dips in and out of rather than reads from cover to cover and this is indeed perfect for this type of reading. Each page is absolutely packed with relevant facts and pictures and I am sure that she will be reading this on and off for the next 5 years at least.
Really happy with my choice and my niece was thrilled. Great value for money I think.
(One point to note maybe is that it is a very big and heavy book. Maybe not suitable for taking on holidays or on trips, and maybe even a bit heavy for younger readers to read on their laps or in bed.)
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2014
I bought this book for one of my grandchildren for Christmas. She was thrilled with it as she has a thirst for knowledge. There were many things she discovered she did not already know about!
on 12 February 2014
We bought this for a 6 year old. She loves it. I kind of want one too. Very fun to read. Great little bits of information that is interesting to people of all ages.
Great gift
on 7 April 2015
Totally fantastic book. It's excellent hardback quality with lots of great photos and yes, 5,000 awesome facts. My kids love it and it's kept us all entertained. Great value for the amount of info you receive. A fab present
on 3 February 2014
Kids love it?even adults too.lots of great facts,big size,heavy if posting it on to someone.our 30,5 and 6 years old loved it.
on 4 November 2013
These books are brilliant. Large hard back books and excellent quality full of great facts. Bought them for kids for Xmas and I am sure they will love them.
on 8 June 2014
Bought this for my son and he really likes it. Hard cover and lots of facts to keep him busy for a few hours.
on 22 April 2015
I purchased this book for my 6 year old daughter who is always asking lots of questions. It's very informative and we have looked at it and few times. I would say this book is maybe a little bit too grown up for a 6 year old but it was a great purchase all the same. It was the cheapest I found on the Internet.
on 31 January 2016
This is a really nice informative book for children and grown up because there is lots of information in this book that adults wont know too... i was impressed with fhe quality of images and information in it.. the colours are very bright and pictures very attractive... the facts are short and to the point... easy to stay attached to it snd my son is devouring it and so am i..

It s a must buy for general knowledge lovers and i recommend it
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2014
Bought this for a young friend who loves fascinating facts, he loved the book and quotes facts from it all of the time.