on 11 December 2012
An amazing book in it's simplicity and vivid colours it is a must for those wanting to teach their little explorer with out having to push the information at the child.

Got it for my son (4yr old) who found it amazing and now wants to study the sky everytime we go out, and have found him awake a few times in the night sitting at his window waiting to see a comet!

Hard keeping book out of my daughter's hands also as she finds the colours interesting (16months).

Its easy to read and understand and a good book to share at night time before sending them off into sleep.
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2013
this book is perfect for kids, I bought this for a 7yr old but could be bought for older kids also, infact I quite enjoyed flicking throught this book myself..excellent quality and value....
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2013
I have just discovered the National Geographic range of books for little kids and cannot recommend them enough. My son is 6 and I would say these are just perfect for young enquiring minds.
on 18 September 2013
It was hard to find a book to engage a preschooler about space but my 4 year old loves it. It's easy to read, great pictures and includes loads of info. The chapter on the planets is really good.
on 30 August 2013
Purchased as gift for 5 year old boy as something different. I find young children often like information books to look at for a change from a story book. Probably bit too old for him but has many interesting pictures and hopefully he will start reading the text as he becomes older. Good quality book
on 21 September 2013
My 6 yr old loves reading this book, and its simple enough to understand and dreat pictures too. I'd recommend this.
on 18 December 2012
This book was delivered well before the date quoted. I fell in love with it at first sight, so clear and easy to understand. It taught me a lot - let alone my four year old grandson! A great first book.
on 11 April 2013
My 6 year-old children were learning about space at school and wanted to know more. They liked this book very much. Excellent pictures and just the right level of explanation. I also bought the DK Space - A Children's Encyclopedia which I am also extremely pleased with.
on 25 February 2013
My daughter (6) asked for a non-fiction book about space that she could read herself. This book does the job perfectly. The book and pages are laid out in a child-friendly way and she lives the fact that the can access the book herself.
on 16 September 2013
My 3yr old and 5yr old really enjoy the book. It's more appropriate for the 5yr old. It is broken up into sections that are easy to understand. It has enough information to be educational without being too detailed for his age. It also explains to us parents what happened to Pluto (now labeled as a Dwarf star)! The photography is beautiful. My son has read this book over and over again.