5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
An amazing book in it's simplicity and vivid colours it is a must for those wanting to teach their little explorer with out having to push the information at the child.

Got it for my son (4yr old) who found it amazing and now wants to study the sky everytime we go out, and have found him awake a few times in the night sitting at his window waiting to see a...
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Sawicks

3.0 out of 5 stars first class content but pages prone to tearing
Published 9 months ago by Lisa Simpson

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it and it is also a hit with my ..., 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books) (Hardcover)
I love it and it is also a hit with my 5 and 3 year olds. The pictures are large, clear and colourful, and there are very few words on each page, so it is suitable for this age group of 3-5 year olds. The information is kept to a minimum - just the basic facts which are sufficiently amazing and wondrous to this age group, nothing too advanced or difficult. The only thing was gravity - I was a little surprised when I turned a page and found that it was about gravity...and I had to pause for a second wondering how I was going to tackle this topic with my kids and not entirely certain that I should introduce Newton at this stage - I managed to put across the basic concept (to an extent!) to them - do we stay in the air when we jump etc...and they wondered about that, shouted "no, we fall!" and found this fact to be funny and exciting. The pages are thick and glossy, and the book is large and chunky - lovely to look at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, 30 Aug. 2013
Purchased as gift for 5 year old boy as something different. I find young children often like information books to look at for a change from a story book. Probably bit too old for him but has many interesting pictures and hopefully he will start reading the text as he becomes older. Good quality book

5.0 out of 5 stars First space book, 11 April 2013
S. Coombes (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
My 6 year-old children were learning about space at school and wanted to know more. They liked this book very much. Excellent pictures and just the right level of explanation. I also bought the DK Space - A Children's Encyclopedia which I am also extremely pleased with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids to use independently., 25 Feb. 2013
My daughter (6) asked for a non-fiction book about space that she could read herself. This book does the job perfectly. The book and pages are laid out in a child-friendly way and she lives the fact that the can access the book herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have Space Book!, 11 Feb. 2013
We got this for our son who is four as he was learning about Space in School. He chose it himself and we couldn't be happier with it. Brilliantly illustrated with lots of easy to understand facts.

3.0 out of 5 stars first class content but pages prone to tearing, 27 May 2014
The content of this book gets 100% from me and my family but I have marked it down as the pages tear easily. First time I got a bit cross with our delicate 4 year old for ripping a page but then when I looked at something myself later on (yes it is that good I had a look after the children went to bed) I also tore a page and it has happened a number of times since. Please could you print/bind a better quality book I am sure everyone would be happy to pay a few extra pounds to buy something so good, if it will last. My son is 4.5 and has loved it but there is also enough detail for older children to devour.

5.0 out of 5 stars book of space, 21 Feb. 2013
my 7 year old daughter loves this book, it is written easy to understand & the pictures are nice & bright. Very useful information on the planets, great quality book aswell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 17 May 2013
Very entertaining book with lots of fun facts that the kids like to read... easy to read for my 4 year old and learning at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for keen learners, 2 Aug. 2013
Fantastic book for children who are keen to learn all about space. Brilliant illustrations also. My four year old can't put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book - my child's teacher loved it!, 27 Feb. 2014
Learning about space at school so thought I'd get a book to read at home.
There's a lot of choice out there but I was very pleased with this book - my 5 year old was interested to read it (I read to him, though there are big facts they can read themselves which is nice).

He also took it into school one day and we didn't see it for the rest of the term - the teacher read a page a day to the class and said it was excellent!

Highly recommended!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books)