5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
An amazing book in it's simplicity and vivid colours it is a must for those wanting to teach their little explorer with out having to push the information at the child.

Published 20 months ago by Sawicks

3.0 out of 5 stars first class content but pages prone to tearing
The content of this book gets 100% from me and my family but I have marked it down as the pages tear easily. First time I got a bit cross with our delicate 4 year old for ripping a page but then when I looked at something myself later on (yes it is that good I had a look after the children went to bed) I also tore a page and it has happened a number of times since. Please...
Published 2 months ago by Lisa Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books) (Hardcover)

Got it for my son (4yr old) who found it amazing and now wants to study the sky everytime we go out, and have found him awake a few times in the night sitting at his window waiting to see a comet!

Hard keeping book out of my daughter's hands also as she finds the colours interesting (16months).

Its easy to read and understand and a good book to share at night time before sending them off into sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 1 Jan 2013
this book is perfect for kids, I bought this for a 7yr old but could be bought for older kids also, infact I quite enjoyed flicking throught this book myself..excellent quality and value....

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good series, 6 Nov 2012
We love these books! We had worn out the Dinosaur version of this book when I spotted the space book. Great illustrations and nugget size pieces of information makes learning easy and fun. Very good layout and introduction to a topic. I hope they publish more.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class book, 18 Dec 2012
This book was delivered well before the date quoted. I fell in love with it at first sight, so clear and easy to understand. It taught me a lot - let alone my four year old grandson! A great first book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 8 Sep 2013
GNG (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
It is a nice book with large writing for young readers. I had to look up when it was published, because the pictures were of a lower quality than I would expect form books published in the past few years, but it is published in 2012. I wonder why they didn't use better quality photos. That being said, it is still a great book for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young enquiring minds, 23 Sep 2013
I have just discovered the National Geographic range of books for little kids and cannot recommend them enough. My son is 6 and I would say these are just perfect for young enquiring minds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 16 Sep 2013
My 3yr old and 5yr old really enjoy the book. It's more appropriate for the 5yr old. It is broken up into sections that are easy to understand. It has enough information to be educational without being too detailed for his age. It also explains to us parents what happened to Pluto (now labeled as a Dwarf star)! The photography is beautiful. My son has read this book over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful book, 23 Jan 2013
I bought this book for my 5 year old grandson as part of his Christmas present. He asks many difficult questions e.g. what was there before light and dark?

It is a hardback with the most attractive pictures and laid out in a child friendly format. Great value for money!

Maybe a child's book, but adults could benefit from buying it. I must get a copy!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for young ones, 21 Sep 2013
My 6 yr old loves reading this book, and its simple enough to understand and dreat pictures too. I'd recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 18 Sep 2013
It was hard to find a book to engage a preschooler about space but my 4 year old loves it. It's easy to read, great pictures and includes loads of info. The chapter on the planets is really good.

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books)
6.99