5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!
This book was just what I needed to immerse myself in the Greek Myths. As a storyteller I found it very useful to take these stories and weave them my own way - they are very descriptive and full of images. The stories flow well from one to the next..
Published 14 months ago by D. Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought The National Geographice channel prided itself on detail??
Very, very basic. I really expected more detail from the National Geographic.
Each God/hero has only one story told about him/her. ONE!!! I also think they could have dedicated a few more pages to each God/Hero. A mere 4 pages at 14-18 font is dedicated to Zeus, 2 pages if you get rid of the drawings. A generous 3 pages for the god of war Ares and so on. If you...
Published 13 months ago by Jimpy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 28 Jan 2013
D. Miller (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treasury of Greek Mythology: Classic Stories of Gods, Goddesses, Heroes and Monsters (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 21 May 2013
Lovely book, great images and descriptions easy to follow. Plenty of reading material and the kids will love each tale. Even for adults its a cracking book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fantastic, 2 Feb 2012
This is such a wonderful book. It is a great introduction of the greek mythology for anyone to read, every chapter is written so that in it's beginning you get a quick summary of the background for the avents described in the chapter or background of the persons in it. This is great if you should want to pick up the book later on to refresh memory. It is fine to read throug the whole book, these summeries did not desturb that pleasure. Greek mythology is not new to me and this book gave me a welcome refreshing reconnecting to my love for it. The absolute beauty of the way it is written is that it makes you want to know more, makes you curious even about things that you know will not be explained any better in real matter. I doubt there is a finer way to introduce myths and legends. And the images are just incredible, they also provoke imagination and curiosity. I bought two copies, one for my doughter and one for a loved one. I think it went well high, wayhigh over my expectation. Sorry my english does not give me opertunity to say all that I should to prais is. Thank you. Also the books arrived quick as lightning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather good introductory book, 17 Mar 2013
An excellent introductory book into the world of Greek Myths. Cleverly split into sections by character, yet also one easy to follow continuing story. Well suited for young learners but perhaps lacking for those seeking more depth and detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 9 July 2013
Very very nicely illustrated book with in depth stories on all gods, goddesses and heroes. Would definitely recommend this this. A great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greek Mythology, 11 Mar 2014
The illustrations in this book are amazing, so clear and vivid! Again I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in this subject. the lady it was for was delighted with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 20 Feb 2014
The illustrations in this book are absolutely gorgeous. It's worth the price for the illustrations alone! I'm excited for the day when my child is older and I get to read her the stories from this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 8 Dec 2013
I bought it for my 8 year old daughter, she really liked it, and is very proud to have it. Very pleased. Paola

5.0 out of 5 stars chosen by my grandson for his daughter., 26 Nov 2013
chosen by my grandson for his daughter. This history was read to him by his grandmother when he was a child

4.0 out of 5 stars its all a myth, 24 Sep 2013
I was attracted by the art work in this book , it was a lot bigger than it looked so that was an added extra

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›