Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 July 2014
It's OK, but remember it is produced by National Geographic and as such is very American. Feet, Fahrenheit, Miles, they need to catch on that the language of science is metric.To be fair the metric conversion is given but didn't they learn anything from the Mars Climate Orbiter?! Also any reference to size is based on American states or place references. I'm probably being a little harsh as my 5 year old does enjoy having it read to her and the artist impressions are interesting. It's for the American market, and as a Brit I can only give it 3 stars. Maybe 3.5 if I could.
on 5 January 2013
Fantastic book, very explanatory and nice and bright with loads of pictures. It was a lovely accompanyment to my daughters new telescope she got for christmas. Would recommend. Usual National Geographic standards.
on 14 January 2013
Bought this for my 5 year old autistic grandson who is into planets at the moment. He absolutely loves it and sits for ages pouring over each page.
on 17 November 2013
This is a great book, not just for kids. Explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. Brilliant full colour pictures
on 11 June 2014
Excellent purchase and great quality book. Bought this for my twelve year old niece as a gift, but its not just for kids, its very informative and explains everything in an easy to understand way. Colour pictures are amazing. Definately recommend this, she was more than happy with her gift.
on 5 April 2014
My Grandson was doing a project on our planets. I sent for this book to help him as he is only six. It was age appropriate and his finished project given a merit.
on 28 January 2014
Bought this as a xmas gift for children. I don't have children so was a bit stumped as what to get them, but this book is perfect and they seemed pleased. It retained their interest. Maybe have influenced future astronomers...
on 1 January 2015
I bought this book for my young son who is just getting interested in planets and the solar system. He loves it. The explanations are good and the 'pictures' colourful. I would recommend this book
on 26 February 2015
My son loves this. He is 5. Even I enjoyed looking through this book and reading about our solar system. Beautiful bright pictures.
on 29 December 2014
I bought this for my nephew for Christmas and he loved it. Very informative but also easy for the young reader to understand