5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was hoping for

3.0 out of 5 stars awesome content, poor binding
Published 5 months ago by Lisa Simpson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars awesome content, poor binding, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (National Geographic Little Kids) (Hardcover)
I bought this book as well as the planets and dinosaur ones. The content is fabulous. Both my 4.5 and 2.5 year old children love the pictures, are learning lots, and from a content perspective I would give it 5 stars. However the pages tear away from the spine really easily. At first I told my son off for being careless but i have subsequently torn two pages myself and now realise he wasn't being as clumsy as I had assumed. For this reason I wouldn't give this book as a present. I hope the printers are monitoring these reviews as it is a shame for great books to be let down by poor quality finishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was hoping for, 16 May 2014
I purchased this book for my 4 year old son who loves animals. I was expecting a book that was more relevant for much older children, but knew my son would love the photos and could grow into it. The book is laid out in various types of environment - ie forest, desert, and to my surprise an ocean section. There are a good variety of animals, many common, but a few uncommon or some I had never specifically heard of (ie breeds of fish). There were a couple of great detailed photos on each page. There is quick facts highlighted and a couple of sentences for each animal. There was an excellent variety and the book itself is a good size (about the same height as a standard paperback book but a bit wider) and is good quality. Personally I think the reading and facts are aimed at a child around 7-10. I would recommend to someone looking for a good book about animals for children. I think much older than 10 years old you are better going for a more detailed book. I think its great and my son loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous educational and fun book., 10 Feb 2014
This book is great, it is packed with pictures and educational information about each animal. Each animal gets their own double page spread. Alongside pictures of the animal you get a few paragraphs giving you an introduction and overview of each animal along with some fun facts. For example; the giraffe has a tongue that can grow up to 18inches. There is a wide variety of animals from those that live in the deserts, polar, ocean and grasslands. Also there is a world map at the back that is colour coded to show where the animals live. I thought that this book would be too old for my 2yr and 10mth old. However he loves it. Although we do have to always have to read the great pacific octopus first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 16-month daughter loves it, 4 Jan 2013
D. Kelly (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a Christmas present for our 16-month old daughter. She loves the pictures. I was a little worried that she'd be too young for this book. Of course, she's many years away from even starting to comprehend everything this book has to communicate. But she really does love the pictures! The pages are nice a glossy so the odd bit of food or snot is easy to wipe off. The pages are thin so she's already ripped one page but that's not a big problem and was inevitable.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great find, 2 Mar 2013
As my little one likes anything to do with animals I thought that this would be great. I think I bought it a little too soon, so have put it away for a bit, but the pictures and information is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big book of Animals, 17 Jun 2014
M. M. Bradbury (UK) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased with this book. My 3 year old granddaughter and her friends absolutely love it . Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful & engaging but mostly loved!, 24 May 2014
This book is a big hit with my 5 yr old daughter. She takes it to bed with her every night & doesn't tire of hearing about the animals.
The lay out is perfect. 4 pages per animal, set with a range of short facts & information.
Would highly recommend to any child interested in animals. This book will continue to be useful as DD reading develops & she can read herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Big Book of Animals, 5 April 2014
What a lovely book. I bought this for my Granddaughter for her fourth Birthday. Her sister who has just started school is starting to read some of the words so is just right for this age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Best Kids Animal Books, 4 April 2014
Got it for my 4 yr old son, he is animal crazy.
He loves it and got quite a lot of goof info inside. Great pics as well.
Not too expensive.
Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Like new, 27 Jan 2014
My 2 year old grandson loves animals and all his questions were answered in this great book delivered quickly and at a great price thanks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (National Geographic Little Kids)
Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (National Geographic Little Kids) by Catherine D. Hughes (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2010)
6.99