5.0 out of 5 stars Physics for angry Birds Fans
I am quickly amassing a collection of National Geographic's Angry Birds series. I have some major complaints with some of these books, but the good always outweighs the bad to such a large degree that I continue to buy as many as I can possibly afford.

The Bad:

Published 16 months ago by broxi3781

1.0 out of 5 stars Angry buyer
This book is a quick cut and paste on bits of pop-physics being sold with an Angry birds picture on the front. Looks great at first but the content is awful - thin and slapped together. Rhett Allain ought to be embarrassed at being associated with this.
Published 19 months ago by thewiseoldbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Physics for angry Birds Fans, 9 Jan. 2014
broxi3781 (belfast) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Furious Forces: The Physics At play In The World's Most Popular Game (Paperback)

The Bad:

This really doesn't have a huge amount about Angry Birds. It has a few character pages, and a few references to the game when discussing physics, but I really would have liked a lot more. I would certainly knock my rating back to 4 or even 3 stars if the rest of the book were not so good. For the most part - this is a physics book 1st and foremost with just enough Angry Birds thrown in to keep children interested. In many cases, an angry bird picture has clearly been photo shopped onto another picture.

The Good: The addition of Angry Birds may seem a bit contrived to an adult, but it honestly does work. The children do enjoy this book they are quite keen to collect more books in this series ( We currently own 3 with 3 more ordered ). This is honestly a book children want to read or listen too, and this is largely do to the inclusion of the Angry Birds characters.

The Brilliant: This book takes an incredibly complex subject and describes it such a way that even very young children can grasp the most fundamental concepts. My children are ages 5 and 8, and I have to admit they do not completely get everything in this book. There are some aspects of this book that the children are apt to get more benefit from in a few years time, or at least with repetition. But the amount of information that they have picked from up this book and not only fully understand but are able to apply to other situations is phenomenal. This is a book which I feel they learn a bit more each time we read it, but even having read it just once, the children's grasp of physics has expanded exponentially.

As a home educator - I can not recommend this book highly enough. It is worth 10x the price for the amount of knowledge it imparts. I would place the reading level as age 8+, and I do feel most 8 year olds would benefit from sharing this with a parent who can provide additional information if needed. But this book is accessible to children as young as age 5 if a parent reads it out loud. I would also strongly recommend this for young Angry Birds fans, or fans of The Big Bang Theory to help them understand a bit more of what their idols study. I would even recommend this books for adults who feel intimidated by the word "physics" such as myself and especially for students getting ready to enter University. This has given me such more confidence in teaching my children it would have been worth the purchase price even if I were the only one to read it. If you want a short, easy to understand introduction to the subject, this is it - regardless of age.

1.0 out of 5 stars Angry buyer, 8 Oct. 2013
thewiseoldbird (Henley-on-Thames) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for all angry bird fans, 27 Sept. 2013
Good simple fun ! I am planning it for a Christmas present for another angry birds fanatic . A good stocking filler !

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 16 Nov. 2014
This is an educational must for Angry Bird lovers! My 6 year old loves it.

Furious Forces: The Physics At play In The World's Most Popular Game
Furious Forces: The Physics At play In The World's Most Popular Game by National Geographic Kids (Paperback - 4 July 2013)