5.0 out of 5 stars Something for all ages
Published on 2 Dec. 2010 by Urchin

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book
my son loved this book, but wanted more from it. it did not provide as much information as we had anticipated.
Published 22 months ago by Mr. Peter Collumbine

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for all ages, 2 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Citizens of the Sea: Wondrous Creatures from the Census of Marine Life (Hardcover)
As a professional marine sceintist I was looking for something to enthuse my 14 year-old grandson who generally prefers to send his time with the X-box or PS. I am also often sceptical about these kind of "popular works". I could not have been more wrong this is a marvellous resource for all ages. Nancy Knowlton's 'Citizens of the sea' is packed with beautiful colour photographs, taking the reader on a journey beneath the surface of the ocean.She examines the diversity of ocean life and our impact upon it, explaining what we can do to maintain the health
of our oceans. The appeal then across the generations is important since families can begin to think of what they can do together to take care of our threatened planet. Her knowledge and understanding of the sea and its inhabitants, is gained first hand by many hours of underwater study in her role as a professional research scientist. It is presented to the reader in an easy to understand yet inspiring fashion. A book that will appeal to all age groups and that will become a well thumbed addition to any library or home bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 31 Dec. 2013
The book itself is well produced, the paper is of high quality. Well written and breathtaking pictures. It is also a nice size - not too big and easy to hold...often these coffee table books are large and cumbersome and I dont have space on my bookshelf for them. If you are looking for a book which has high quality photos of marime life, this is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 8 April 2013
Short, fascinating "stories/articles" about our underwater friends. We bought it for Christmas 2012, still charmed. Lovely photos. Even our 4-y-o is fascinated by this book and listens to some of the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, informative., 15 May 2013
Really good book, great photos and really interesting. Great for beginners who are studying marine life or just for people who are interested in the subject :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2014
It is just as it looked and descriptions

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book, 29 May 2013