4.0 out of 5 stars A guide that will leave you drooling, 3 Dec 2010
This review is from: Food Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 Extraordinary Places to Eat Around the Globe (Hardcover)
I bought this book out of curiosity to tell the truth, little did I know it would be of great help in journeys to come.
In my opinion this book is well organised, easily readable and quite exciting. You can allways learn things about the country you are checking, there are little tips on the side of the pages, well marked adresses and every once in a while you find top 10's of various categories.
This isn't just a book about food, this is almost a complete guide about food, and let me tell you that you won't find better places than the ones listed here.

Anyway it's just my personal opinion and I'm not really good at giving one as you might have already noticed.

Long story short, try it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthwaternig, 13 Nov 2011
Simone Mathaess "Mona" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
Love this collection, but this is my favourite! It is mouthwatering and has great suggestions to try once you travel trough the world. Could be a little more complete as many delicacies are missing... Needs a broader edition or more volumes to be edited. But excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic gift 4 foodies!, 15 Nov 2009
J. Field "Jake F" (London) - See all my reviews
This is a great book! I got it for my mums bday who loves food and travel and she really liked it! Wish I had kept it now....It even has an article on food in Sarajevo, which I thought was pretty cool..... I just got back from Vegas and all the nice places I ate there were in this book (and a few I hadnt seen.) The articles on London were also nice and made me want to save up to go to those places!
Great pictures too! Really nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lover of Travel & Food, 26 Nov 2010
S. Deblander - See all my reviews
Perfect present for anyone who loves to combine travel & food. Learn and see new places, cultures and food. Perfect present as a coffee table book that also allows you to sit for 5 minutes or an hour as you enjoy the images and become inspired about new locations.

4.0 out of 5 stars bought it as a present, 13 Oct 2013
the present was for my brother and it was greatly appreciated, definitely a good gift for all the food lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book To Keep, 28 Dec 2012
I bought this book as a gift for Christmas and after browsing through it, was then desperate not to gift it. I will now be ordering my own copy of the book. It is brilliant quality, hardcover, with pictures, places and information that you can just keep going back to as you plan your next trips away. It does also have places and food in the UK, so if you can't wait to get away to see what the book discusses, it does involve UK eateries in it's pages. It's a book you will look at and use time and again. Beautiful to look at and filled with places you want to visit.

Food Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 Extraordinary Places to Eat Around the Globe