5.0 out of 5 stars A great big little book
I have a lifetime connection with Africa and this is one of the most significant books on that continent I have ever read. These wonderful photographs reveal a deep empathy and understanding as well as being technically first class. Every person who has seen this book has been impressed.
Published on 22 May 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small
Could have done with a bigger book so I could have opened the pages to view the images. Also know that if I had 30 years of taking images in Africa I'd have a much better collection ;)
Published on 27 Aug. 2011 by D. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars A great big little book, 22 May 2009
This review is from: Faces of Africa: Thirty Years of Photography (Collectors (National Geographic)) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Faces of Africa, 4 July 2010
It is the most wonderful book I have ever purchased! It proudly occupies the top place on my bookcase. The pictures are most vivid, incredibly touching. I keep going back to it again and again. I used it for a presentation during the African theme term in a primary school where I am teaching. It has been the best buy I have ever done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 26 Aug. 2011
Fantsstic book. Amazing photos, great text. It's really worth having it in your photography book collection! Very good qualiy pictures, very expressive faces...I would definately recommend it to anyone!!!
The only drawback is the size of the book. I found it a bit small. I would prefer A4 size photos but that's not an issue to put you off from buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like It But Size Matters, 24 Aug. 2011
Wonderful book, I echo everything positive that everybody else has said but the small size of this book is really off putting for me, I think it's A3 in size and I feel that wonderful images such as these are more beautifully represented in larger format books, so I will be sending mine back and will try to purchase the Fisher/Beckwith books individually.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, beautiful photography, 14 April 2011
Good book, was surprised at the size as its only small - around A5 size. Beautiful photography and easy readable and interesting text to go alongside photographs (the authors come across as very likeable when you read the text).

I read the whole book in less than 2 hours - would recommend...

5.0 out of 5 stars Faces of Africa:Thirty Years Of Photography., 24 Oct. 2010
This is my favourite book of all time.I am an artist and always looking for inspiration,,,,this certainly gives it to me.The pictures are really stunning,,,im so jealous of the photographers for being there taking them,,,its my dream to see some of the tribes in this book,Ive ordered a second copy so i can use the other one for my scrap book and reference.Id definately recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and beautiful, 6 Feb. 2011
It isn't often I buy a book and found myself blown away by it. Encouraged by the other reviews of this I bought it, thinking I'd at least have a nice coffee table book. Well, there is no doubt that the photographs are beautiful and evocative; some of them are works of art in their own right. But what I was not expecting was a poetic threnody on lost or vanishing worlds. A magnificent book, and one I shall buy copies of for friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK FOR AFRICA LOVERS, 17 Aug. 2011
AMAZING BOOK OF AFRICA, DESCRIBING 51 CULTURES IN THE CONTINENT, YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
CLOSE 'ALIVE' PICTURES HELP YOU TO TAKE A VIRTUAL JOURNEY YOU COULD ONLY DREAM OF ..
HANDY SIZE, I LOOK THE PAGES OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN, NICE PIECE OF MY AFRICA-BOOK COLLECTION!
IM THANKFUL FOR THE AUTHORS FOR THIS WONDERFUL COLLECTION OF PICTURES!

5.0 out of 5 stars a Cracker., 1 Nov. 2013
As a lover of all things African I can honestly say that this book is as good as it gets. It now joins one of my many bookshelves in pride of place.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 25 Mar. 2014
Absolutely stunning collection of photos. I love any book about Africa and this has been a beautiful, small addition to my collection

Faces of Africa: Thirty Years of Photography (Collectors (National Geographic))