Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 October 2013
My employers gave me an online course for ISTQB software testing foundation to help with my study. I must say I got more out of this book (and other sources) than I did for the paid for course!

This book maybe based on a slightly older syllabus than the 2010 that I went for but the questions, tips and techniques it covered really helped me with my approach and how I was doing in general.

I really liked the way it not only pointed you towards the correct answer but why the others were wrong. It also helps you understand the differences and approaches to the different level of K rating questions you will come across. Further it gives a realistic spread on the different areas of the course you will be expected to answer questions on.

I supplemented this with finding other mock tests online though this book really helps you understand if you got a question wrong so you won't the next time. A great book that aided me towards achieving my pass first time of asking.

I gave it a four as it is more a supplement to replacement of studying towards the final exam.
on 6 January 2013
It covers all necessary subjects from Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification book, also it is very straight forward. I highly recommended these books to anyone sitting for ISTQB fundamental test.
on 2 January 2013
The book contains 3 sample foundation papers, along with an accompanying section providing the answers and an explanation as to why a specific option was correct, as well as why the other 3 options to each question are considered incorrect, these explanation include supporting ISQTB syllabus references. Where the question is ambiguous, or multiple answers are possibly valid, the author will indicate that "X is considered correct" (by the ISTQB), rather than the more common "X is correct". and will go on to explain why one or more of the other options could also be considered valid.

The authors working and explanations provide some basic multi guess exam technique, such as first eliminating the obviously incorrect options, the inspecting the remaining options closely.

If your planing to self study for the ISQTB foundation exam, it's worth the money.
on 16 August 2013
I ordered this book to practice ISEB Software tester certification exam, but I was surprised when I found only 3 exam papers in this book (200 pages). I can easily find more papers online free of cost. This is not worth for it's price. I can happily pay under £5 for this book.
on 19 October 2013
I did not take a course but studied for the exam by myself.

Near the exam I bought this and used it for timed practice.

The book got me used to the style of questions, which is something you have to learn on top of the syllabus.

Well worth the money.
on 10 January 2016
Really helped my partner pass his ISQTB exam and raise his confidence, even though he did a full course with course materials supplied this was a core book to practice for the test
on 1 November 2014
Very useful for individuals taking up ISEB/ISTQB FOundation Certification in Software Testing. Must Buy.
on 8 January 2015
Very good book, help me to go through the exam and understand the software testing foundation level.
on 13 December 2014
This is very useful book, if your planing to self study for the ISTQB foundation exam.
on 27 April 2016