Format: Board book|Change

on 25 January 2014
I am genuinely thrilled to add another BabyLit classic to our collection and found the Jane Eyre Counting Primer as witty, beautifully illustrated and well considered as the previous three books we have purchased BUT...

Where on earth has the number 9 gone??

Unless I have misremembered Jane's habits, she had no particular aversion to it so why does our copy of the book leap from 8 to 10. Baffling.
on 12 December 2012
This is a beautiful book. My son adores it and always chooses it first when we are reading. It is a counting book so don't expect a truncated version of the narrative. Nonetheless it very cleverly interweaves ideas, characters and themes from the text. There are also some quotes from the the original. The graphics are really stunning and I love looking at it when I'm reading it to my 20 month old.
on 29 March 2016
This book is so cute and lovely.
A number primer with a Jane Eyre theme; what could be better! I want to buy all the books in the series now
on 26 November 2013
Perfect as a gift for the children of any Tigermums! Beautiful illustrations and such a cute idea, although some of the words are way beyond the natural capability of a child just leaning to read, it's more about the charm of using a classic novel as the frame of reference. Note that this is not a baby friendly version of the novel itself, its just a few relevant words paired together to teach counting. Stick to the classic board books if you really want to encourage reading skills!
on 30 January 2014
I loved this little baby book! I already had the Pride and Prejudice Baby Lit book, so there was no way I was going to leave this one. My baby loves it, and I love that she can say 'Jane Eyre' and 'Thornfield'!! Great educational book, numbers 1 to 10 with beautiful illustrations which will delight you as well as your baby. Great stuff.
on 25 October 2015
The babylit books do not tell the story but rather have a flavour of the original. Of course this has no meaning whatsoever for the baby but the adult can appreciate it whilst baby is transfixed with the images and enjoy the adult's narrative. The board books also withstand page turning and chewing from baby.
on 6 January 2013
Gave this to my great niece and she loved it,it tasted great! She really did like the colours and the pictures. Good way to start the young on the classics
on 11 February 2013
My granddaughter loved it. It is a good way to teach counting with introducing the classics. I will ask my daughter which others to get her
on 1 December 2014
More to amuse the parent than the child, but perhaps the parent's enjoyment of books will be communicated to the baby. Strongly made.
on 13 December 2015