5.0 out of 5 stars Legacy by Daniel Steel
I fancied the write up of LEGACY by DANIELLE STEEL and decided to send for it as an ebook, after reading it i loved it so much i decided to send for the HARD COVER OF THIS BOOK . If you like adventure or genealogy or the Sioux nationality or just a real mystery then read this, i loved it
Published 24 months ago by june davies

1.0 out of 5 stars ....sloppy and repetitive
Published on 30 Jan. 2012 by Y. Magowan

1.0 out of 5 stars ....sloppy and repetitive, 30 Jan. 2012
Y. Magowan (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Legacy (Kindle Edition)
I usually enjoy Danielle Steel's books when I'm in the mood for a light-hearted read. However, I found this one quite irritating by its constant repetitiveness. I lost count of how many times it referred to her previous relationship as lasting six years. I got to the point where I thought if I read "six years" again I'm going to scream!! I was also irritated by how many times it referred to the fact that the woman had no man. It felt like she didn't miss her previous boyfriend at all but just had to have a man - ANY man - in order to be fulfilled!! I also felt the book was very rushed and that repetition occurred in order to bulk up the story! Sorry but a poor and sloppy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legacy by Daniel Steel, 9 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Danielle Steel novel, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Legacy (Hardcover)
As with all her other books this is a novel about overcoming adverse situations, about being totally knocked out of the life you're living and overcoming the odds that have mounted against you, doing your best to rise to the challenge and seeing where life takes you next.

When everything in her life changes Brigitte is a lost soul, not knowing what she wants to do nor being as engaged in writing the book she was so passionate about before. With this lack of enthusiasm and motivation she goes home to her Mother who enlists her help with tracing back how their family arrived in the America's and who came. After visiting the Mormon Family History Library she discovers Wachiwi in her ancestors and so begins her fascination with this young Sioux woman and how she came to go to France and seem to live out her life there.

Part of this book shows Brigitte's travels and how she finds out about Wachiwi and changes the course of her own life in the process and alongside this we also get to read about Wachiwi and how she came to go to France and what her life had been like all those years ago. We follow these two strong women who forge their own destiny once their formerly safe lifestyle is stripped away from them, the similarities between these relations separated by many generations is striking but maybe this courage to keep going is a family trait that Brigitte inherits from Wachiwi.

Even though I am slightly biased due to loving all of Danielle Steel's books I really have to say this one is amazing, such a strong storyline and as well written as all of her novels are. You easily get swept away with the plot, eager to see where the next twist will take you and hoping always for the happy ending which doesn't always come for the characters in her books and I'm not going to spoil anything by saying if either of the women in this story get their happy ending!

3.0 out of 5 stars liked and disliked this one, 7 Sept. 2011
Lainy (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
From the cover

A tale of love, courage and family, interweaving the lives of two extraordinary women - a writer working in the heart of modern academia, and a daring young Sioux of an unforgettable journey in the eighteenth century.

Someday is Brigitte Nicholson's watchword. Someday she and the man she loves, Ted, will clarify their relationship. Someday she'll have children. Someday she'll finish writing her book. Someday she'll stop playig it so safe...Then something happens that changes Brigette's life completely.

Struggling to plot a new course, Brigitte agrees to help her mother on a genealogy project - and makes a discovery that reaches back to the French aristrocracy. How did Brigitte's ancestor, Wachiwi, a Dakota Sioux, travel from the Great Plains to the French court of Marie Antoinette? How did she come to marry into Brigitte's family? Brigitte decides to travel to South Dakota and Paris to follow the path of this exceptional young woman who lived so long ago. And as she begins to solve the puzzle of Wachiwi's journey, her quiet life becomes an adventure of its own.

A chance meeting and a new opportunity put Brigitte back at the heart of her own story. And with family legacy coming to life around her, someday is no longer in the future. Instead, someday is now.

My Review

This is my 3rd book as part of the Transworld Book Group

For me Brigitte is quite an unlikeable character, to start with she just seems efficient and organised if maybe a tad boring. However as the story progresses she has two life changing events in as many days and her character becomes needy and pathetic. It was quite annoying to read and even offputting but I stuck with it and I am glad I did. We are introduced to her ancestor Wachiwi, who is everything Brigitte is not. Strong, courageous, brave, a fighter, she continues to fight for what she wants and loves and considering we are going back to the 1700s when woman had no place doing anything bar raising children and cooking it is a refreshing and amazing change of pace.

The story then goes practically chapter for chapter between the present with Brigitte and the past of Wachiwi's time. The difference between the two women and their lives is amazing and as Brigitte follows the traces to find out more about her ancestor as do we. I had hoped Brigitte would be more like her ancestor the more she discovered and if I am honest I only liked her character in the last chapter.

If the story had purely been about Brigitte it would have been a bore to read but with Wachiwi's tale it brought the rating from a 1 to a 3/5. If nothing else this book should be read for Wachiwi's story which I loved and would have liked to have seen as a stand alone book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danielle Steel - Legacy, 22 Feb. 2011
Jean V. Smith (pontypool, Gwent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Legacy (Hardcover)
I am a great fan of Danielle Steel and will order every new book she writes. This one is every bit as good as all her other ones. Good delivery time

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a better book than a lot of her other recent ones, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Most of it has already been said in other reviews. But I think DS has lost her edge, after her last book i swore it would be the last one I read. But I needed holiday reading and the genealogy aspect drew me to this one. It's a better book than a lot of her other recent ones, at least the heroine wasn't amazingly beautiful, successful and incredibly young looking for her age like most of the main characters are.

However, Brigittes story was dull and repetitive, it didn't hot up until Wachiwi arrived. DS should have just done Wachiwi's story and left Brigitte on the cutting room floor!!!!! When DS does history it's far better, and I've said before if you want a decent read, read her book "The Ring" then compare it with her offerings of the last 10 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars legacy, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Legacy (Hardcover)
the book is brillant great read just about nearly finished it and enjoying so much, but i always like her books and look forward to the next read by this wonderful writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Author back to her best!, 19 Oct. 2011
Legacy by Danielle Steel

This was a wonderful book by this wonderful author, I have always enjoyed Danielle Steel's books even though some of her latest ones have been a little predictable, but this one seems to have reverted back to her great earlier stories.

It is a tale of 2 women in different centuries, one a young Sioux and the other a young modern woman. Both timelines interweave making this a book that is simply hard to put down.

I would recommend this book to family and friends as it is a great author back to her very best.

(Reviewed for my Transworld Challenge)

5.0 out of 5 stars Legacy, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Legacy (Paperback)
Just read this book on holiday, haven't read Steel in a while but couldn't put this down, really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legacy by Danielle Steel, 3 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Legacy (Hardcover)
This book was really brilliant, one of the best I have read of Danielle Steel. I would thoroughly recommend this one to read.

Legacy
Legacy by Danielle Steel (MP3 CD - 28 Sept. 2010)