5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Published 3 months ago by SJSmith

3.0 out of 5 stars This is Wolverine - reading with claws
My son (5 years old - then 4) was delighted when he received this book - and is still happy to read it to me. I think the book is good value and I'm pleased I bought it.

However, I would be far happier if:

Published 11 months ago by S. Gee

3.0 out of 5 stars This is Wolverine - reading with claws, 29 July 2013
S. Gee "stewgee" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is Wolverine (World of Reading Marvel Classic - Level 1) (Paperback)

However, I would be far happier if:

1 - there was a bit of plot - at this level I can get a story about going to the seaside or something of the sort - why not about a marvel super hero?
2 - many of the scenes in the book are really quite violent. At one point Wolverine cuts the fingers off of some giant robots - I don't want to overstate this, but it seems a little unnecessary.

All in all this is a good variation on the books from school, but could easily be so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 April 2014
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Short to read. Simple sentence structure. Is a challenge for my almost 5 year old who is on phonics phase 3 at the moment so that is good. He doesn't like the comics for phonics books from school as much as he does his super heroes so I use these alongside them. He can read the high frequency words and the CVC words as well as a few others but I do like the fact there's a challenge there in longer three syllable words and for some two syllable words he hasn't come across yet.

The series isn't about an adventure that the characters takes part in though, it is an introduction to that character. In our house that is fine because we then go on to discuss what we know they can do etc but it might make a difference for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, short bedtime book, 30 Dec 2013
Charming little book. Incredibly simple being reading level one.

Also very short, so handy as a bedtime story when your knackered and just trying to get the kids settled ASAP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Nov 2013
Ms S. Edmunds (Uk) - See all my reviews
These books are so good. My son is 4 and has just started school. The books repeats words through out the story so he can get use to the words. He,s so good at reading these

This Is Wolverine (World of Reading Marvel Classic - Level 1)
This Is Wolverine (World of Reading Marvel Classic - Level 1) by Thomas Macri (Paperback - 11 Jun 2013)
2.35