5.0 out of 5 stars Learing to read
We have another super hero level 1 book. As previously stated my 4yr old loves super heros, we read the books every day so these books are a must for boys starting to read, Its something they enjoy, the pictures are great. My only bug bear is the obvious americanisation of words. Bugs not insects for example. But is all relative and they have to learn it sometime.
Published 24 months ago by Kay

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Worst of all the marvel level 1 books
Published 5 months ago by Lg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Learing to read, 10 April 2013
This review is from: This Is Iron Man Level 1 Reader (Marvel Heroes of Reading - Level 1) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 April 2014
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Short to read. Simple sentence structure. Is a challenge for my almost 5 year old who is on phonics phase 3 at the moment so that is good. He doesn't like the comics for phonics books from school as much as he does his super heroes so I use these alongside them. He can read the high frequency words and the CVC words as well as a few others but I do like the fact there's a challenge there in longer three syllable words and for some two syllable words he hasn't come across yet.

The series isn't about an adventure that the characters takes part in though, it is an introduction to that character. In our house that is fine because we then go on to discuss what we know they can do etc but it might make a difference for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 16 Mar. 2013
Great little book, my son of 4 can't read it all but loves the book. I would would certainly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Nov. 2013
Ms S. Edmunds (Uk) - See all my reviews
These books are so good. My son is 4 and has just started school. The books repeats words through out the story so he can get use to the words. He,s so good at reading these

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 31 Dec. 2014
Oh my giddy aunt!! I'm a home educator, and I was beginning to despair a little as my 7 nearly 8yr old was really struggling with reading, (I should add that I only began formal reading lessons with him once he turned 7).
I spotted these books quite by accident and immediately bought a couple for him. Well, I am blown away, his reading has improved immeasurably, and he's now asking to read to me!! He was bought the batman phonics set for Yule, and they look great too. I plan to buy more of the marvel books - just wish Amazon had the box sets for level 2 & 3 too!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a five year old., 16 Feb. 2014
My son is an avid reader and I wanted to buy some books that he could read to me over the holidays. As he is a real superhero fan, I bought this Iron Man book and it is very good.
The words are pitched at about the right level, although there is the occasional tricky word such as 'repulsor blast', which could have been substituted for an easier word!
On the whole, the enthusiasm he has for reading this outweighs the few difficult words and it is great for supporting the phonics and digraphs my son learns at school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the book!, 3 Jun. 2013
My little boy was able to read most of it on his own. Levelled accurately with interesting information about Iron Man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 4 Jan. 2014
N. Bennett - See all my reviews
I bought this on a whim for our 3 going on 4 year old nephews who love all things Avengers. This book went down a storm (also bought X-Men) and I can't tell you how many times I read it to them on Christmas and Boxing Day. Text is simple and straightforward, just three words on some pages but combined with the drawings it captured their imaginations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for children, 23 Oct. 2013
My mates little boy loves this, he is 5 and can sort of read it himself, but there is nothing more pleasurable than seeing the excitement on his face when his daddy sits him on his knee and reads it for him. I recommend World of Reading for anybody with young children!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to get young boys reading,, 31 Mar. 2015
These are lovely books, paper back, but nice quality, and lots of pages, the stories are really basic explanation about the characters and could be better even for this age group, good to get young boys reading.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

This Is Iron Man Level 1 Reader (Marvel Heroes of Reading - Level 1)
This Is Iron Man Level 1 Reader (Marvel Heroes of Reading - Level 1) by Disney Book Group (Paperback - 24 April 2012)