Format: PaperbackChange

on 21 February 2014
My son thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, as a superhero fan he was far more interested in reading this than the non-stop onslaught of Biff, Chip and Kipper that he gets given at school.
My son's school follows the Oxford Reading Tree and I would put this level (Level 1) as an equivalent to the Green/stage 5 level, so approx. age 5-6. This is a short story with only a few words on each page but the difficulty of many of the words means if your child is only just learning to read they could get put off quite quickly if they try to read it all themselves, however if you read many of the harder words for them it should still be very enjoyable.
It usually takes quite a lot of convincing (and bribery!) to get my son to read his school books but he has asked if he can have more books like this to read so I shall definitely be buying more!
on 10 April 2013
My 4 yr old has the other super hero squad books which are read to him every day. He is now writing his name and recognising words. So i thought these books would help encourage him to try to read a proper boy book, something he loves to have read to him and then repeat. Simple books, but for a boy starting out on the fantastic journey of reading this is a must.
on 6 April 2014
Short to read. Simple sentence structure. Is a challenge for my almost 5 year old who is on phonics phase 3 at the moment so that is good. He doesn't like the comics for phonics books from school as much as he does his super heroes so I use these alongside them. He can read the high frequency words and the CVC words as well as a few others but I do like the fact there's a challenge there in longer three syllable words and for some two syllable words he hasn't come across yet.

The series isn't about an adventure that the characters takes part in though, it is an introduction to that character. In our house that is fine because we then go on to discuss what we know they can do etc but it might make a difference for some.
on 11 April 2014
My only issue is there are not enough of them.
My son was getting fed up of reading books from school, with stories that didn't interest him. He loved this and Spiderman, and still reads them even though his reading level is well beyond these now.
on 24 May 2015
Really lovely book; lovely illustrations, short and simple sentences. Our pre-schooler loves listening to these and many of the words are Phonics Level 1 so he is enjoying reading words here and there himself and just loves listening to these, the Spiderman and the Hulk books that we already have from the series. He literally listens to them back to back several times in a row and loves flicking through the pages himself to look at and talk about the drawings and characters. Really brilliant! I wish there was a discounted box set of the whole lot!!
on 23 April 2013
Any child who loves superheroes will enjoy these books, my son knows his alphabet well and is just recognising certain words so these simple books (level 1) are ideal for reading together and identifying sounds and words as the pictures capture the imagination and keep them interested. Will be buying more!
on 4 February 2015
The book is really appealing to any superheroes fan due to the pictures but it is not the simplest level of reading. I was actually wanting it for my son who is just learning to read (age 4) and can only read very simple words (cat, stop, shop, etc). This book is far too hard - it has several irregular words and long words (Hulk, Captain America, etc). Hence, I wouldn't call it 'Level 1'. Maybe it's suitable for someone age 5 or 6 who can already read a bit.
on 25 August 2014
Great for new readers as the pictures are exciting and encouraging and the words are simple and soon recognisable
on 16 March 2013
Great little book, my son of 4 can't read it all but loves the book. I would would certainly recommend.
on 4 June 2013
Bought for my four year old, pre school son who is very keen on Avengers and also very keen to read. There are a few words to each page which nicely describe the character in the picture. Words are repeated which give him confidence in his reading. He loves the book and is very keen to get to the end. Very pleased.