Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 February 2013
When you first hold the box of flip books you know you're holding a thing of quality. To see the brilliance of Milt Kahl and the sheer amount of personality Ollie Johnson can give a character, all at your own pace, is simply awe inspiring. The books are worth far more than they are available for so if you are an animator or animation fan and you're considering buying, please do. They are worth every penny and then some.

There's just something special about seeing their work in pencil form. I think I'll go and have another look through them now.
on 9 February 2013
These nine books are well presented, well constructed and visually brilliant sketch books that create wonderful flip books reminding me of my youth. There is no written content in them, you just benefit from the drawings (which is frankly all they need due to the quality and timeless value of them)

The additional book is full of useful information, but the quality of this one reminds me of a traditional Mr Men book. It will last, but doesn't have the hard back quality of the flip books.
Whilst considerably smaller than the other books in the Archive Series, they do sit well alongside the other books as the quality and design is consistent.

Highly recommended for animation lovers who will enjoy both the flip book aspect and the chance to review scene on scene changes within the books.
on 7 April 2013
I collect flick/flip books and these are lovely. It's nice to see the drawings behind what became Disney animated films.
The box is sturdy and well presented
on 22 November 2014
I have bought 2 sets of these after being recommended to me by my son who is a professional animator. These flip books are woderful and each book is well bound and presented in a beautiful box. My son bought a set and when I seen them I decided to buy them for my grandsons's christening gift. I liked them so much I bought a set for myself. I will always treasure them. Great value for money.
on 11 February 2014
I bought this set as a gift for someone who is very interested in animation. The gift is thoroughly enjoyed. I find the animation books fascinating, indicating that you do not have to have an understanding or interest in animation to find the character sketches appealing.
on 16 February 2014
I loved this product so much, it's better than what I expected and I'll treasure it for years. For a budding animator, this set of original Disney flipbooks is absolutely perfect and I would recommend them to anyone.
on 10 February 2016
Excellent product very quickly received . This product, if you like traditional Disney as I do, will not disappoint and you only need a 'thumb' to see the magic - I will be getting more of these in future
on 29 March 2014
This is a great item for any Disney fan, esp. the Classic Animation movies of the 9 Old Men. Just a pity they did not use both sides of the paper...
on 15 June 2015
loved these great to see the difference and qualities in the great masters
on 1 May 2013
I would happily exchange Woolie Reitherman (who's books looks like he badly needs 3ds Max and poly modeling tools) and Ward Kimball (who usurps the thickest and weakest of all books, as said Walt Disney himself: "Avoid TWINS!") for any of some earlier, shorter lived animators such as Bill Tylta or Fred Moore. Also occasional drawings have been resized from very small thumbnails and show pixels.

The other 7 books are superb with Les Clark, Marc Davis and Milt Kahl being my favourites. The box is worth buying even just for them.