Format: HardcoverChange

on 14 March 2013
This is my son's favourite Elephant and Piggie book, and I think it's just as good as "Watch Me Throw the Ball". It is very, very funny, and so easy to read for young readers or struggling readers. My son loves to read it to me and gets a thrill when he reads something that makes other people laugh! I almost wish my son didn't grow up so fast as I don't want to get to the point where he's too old for Gerald and Piggie!!
Gerald makes a sudden revelation - there are people watching him and his friend Piggie. But Piggie is aware and not at all upset by the fact that they are being read. Piggie even realizes that she can make us say anything she wants, like "Bananas." But what will happen when the book ends?

When I first found this book, I couldn't stop laughing at it. While it doesn't have a plot like most in the series do, it's still a fun watching Gerald and Piggie figure out what to do with us. I do wonder just how much kids will get some of the jokes, but as an adult, I can't stop laughing at it.

This is a departure from the rest of the series, but still just as fun. Highly recommended for fans of these picture books.
on 18 September 2013
I discovered the wonderful Mo Willens when I was struggling to get my own daughter to take to reading - she'd got behind due to hearing problems and it had put her right off. His books worked the magic that she needed to turn her instantly into a bookworm. Simple, funny, with endearing characters whose complexity belies the clever simplicity of the appealing drawings, these are books that both children and adults will never tire of. This is a particularly cute one and fit for my purpose, because it is all about making reading fun. I've recommended it ever since I came across it to any friends whose children are reluctant readers. Works like a charm!
on 22 August 2013
Bought this book for my six year old son he loves it and so do I we read it as the character as its so funny and whity will be bying more good book for birthday and Xmas presents
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
So my kid is too young to get this yet but we've made all of our adult friends read it and not one failed to crack a smile. Exactly what a kids book should have - whimsy.
on 1 June 2013
Another Elephant and Piggy book hit with my grandchildren and me, impressed with how it encourages them to read it again, love the illustrations and expressions.
on 10 April 2014
Elephant and Piggie can pretty much do no wrong. And now they are doing it meta style. Oh, and our kid likes this book too.
on 28 August 2015
Super fun to read and the children love it. Great for early readers.
on 16 October 2015
Fun book, even my grown up kids had a read :D
on 14 April 2015
Great book! Excellent condition!