4.0 out of 5 stars Plot Thickens, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: MAGI GN VOL 03 (C: 1-0-0) (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic) (Paperback)
I loved this volume as it has a nice change of pace and place so soon into the series that I'm excited now Aladdin is on his way back home by the end. First, it does bug me that Magi is not keeping "Character/Story So Far" opening pages. I treasure those introductions as they quickly remind me exactly where we last left off and who is who! So just a bit of confusion for me as I adjust to where and how Aladdin is where he is. This new Mongolian-type world was interesting and a war was on the verge of being fought. Aladdin learns ever so much about himself, the Djinns, the Magi and the Rukh. We go back into Aladdin's past and learn more about him from that and we are given a glimpse of another Magi and what he does. But rather than go meet this other Magi Aladdin decides to go back home to find Alibaba because he thinks he knows what is expected of him. However, the last chapters switch back to the slave girl met in book 1 and the dire situation she finds herself in now. Lots of action, battle, plot, characterization and intrigue to keep you excited for the next volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it in one sitting!, 16 Jan. 2014
Sarah A (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
Magi (The Labyrinth of Magic) volume 3 contains chapters 18 to 27.
It is rated T for teen as it contains some suggestive themes (and nudity in this volume)

After everyone is spilt up, Aladdin finds himself taken in by the Kouga clan. Just as he settles in, the clan is approached by Hakuei Ren who asks them to join the Kou Empire where they will be protected. Hakuei was hoping they could peacefully discuss it but those plans change after one of her people plans a revolt. Meanwhile Aladdin is gradually discovering who is really is.
We meet some more characters in this volume who will be important later on in the story.
The last chapter in this volume is the beginning of Morgiana's arc, I'm glad we don't have to wait long for the next volume!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying the world of Magi, 1 Feb. 2014
I was quite new to Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic, but gave I it a try when a friend of mine suggested it and I've got to say it is a great manga. For those that are looking for new manga series to try out I suggest giving Magi a try. This chapter is especially good focusing on Aladdin being the only one who can change the tide of war for a clan against an invading army, as well as Morgiana's new life and how she has come to coping with her past.

5.0 out of 5 stars top bannana, 8 Mar. 2015
spot on....

MAGI GN VOL 03 (C: 1-0-0) (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
MAGI GN VOL 03 (C: 1-0-0) (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic) by Shinobu Ohtaka (Paperback - 24 Dec. 2013)
Used & New from: £2.00