1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sequel, just have to wait for the 3rd book now., 8 Aug 2011
Foxtrot21 (Norwich, Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Luck Yukikaze - Haikasoru (Paperback)
As I reviewed the first book last year, I thought I'd do the same with the second one!

Most people, like me, probably picked this and the first book up having seen the animated series that was released several years ago. Good Luck Yukikaze picks up the story from the end of the first book and goes full bore into the stories that the book is broken into. Like the first book, and unlike most novels I've read, the books are broken into smaller stories that are chronologically in order. It makes reading them interesting as although you are a bit further in the universe the book paints (by a couple of days, weeks or months), the story moves on, carrying parts of the plot from the previous stories have said along with it until you build up this huge picture, with all its history, in your head for the end of the final story in this book.

It also has, for me at least, some amusing moments, such as (without giving too much away) Yukikaze, stalking another SAF fighter around the taxi ways of the main Faery Base, who in turn is stalking the main characters of the book, who are having a barbeque at the foot of the ATC tower! It sounds mad, the image it casts in your head looks mad, but it made me giggle because is was daft. Whether Chohei Kambayashi wrote it that way deliberately, or something got lost in transation, I have no idea, but still it was funny.

As I said above, this is Book 2, and there is a third book, published in 2009. One hopes that the publishers of these translated Yukikaze books, Haikasoru, obtain and translate Anbur'kun ar' sent' y'sei yukikaze, which is the third book, and get it out to the masses soon.

Also, a quick note on Amazon; This book was listed for release on the 23rd August 2011 when I pre-ordered it in June. But they must have arrived early because I received it on the 2nd August...Awesome, Good Job Amazon! :D

Good Luck Yukikaze - Haikasoru
Good Luck Yukikaze - Haikasoru by Chohei Kambayashi (Paperback - 18 Aug 2011)
8.21