5.0 out of 5 stars You Don't Want To Know. Lisa Jackson
This is the first Lisa Jackson book I have read and have to admit, I was sad that it ended. From page one, I was gripped into the story and found, from then, I struggled to put the book down. I will certainly be looking out now, for more of her books. An excellent read.
Published on 9 Dec. 2012 by Patricia

Published 6 months ago by Abadababada

5.0 out of 5 stars You Don't Want To Know. Lisa Jackson, 9 Dec. 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Story Marred by Amateurish Writing - Where was the Editor?, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: You Don't Want to Know (Mass Market Paperback)
The quality of writing in this book is very poor and, at times, it reads like a first draft rather than an edited, polished novel. In particular, the author seems unable to create any original descriptions of character emotion. The main character, Ava, is often anxious/worried/scared, all excellent emotions for the author to show her skills and make us feel and identify with Ava's pain and tragedy. Instead, she just chooses insipid, uninspired cliches which simply detract from the storytelling. A sample of these:
" her heart clenched",
" her heart pounded"
" heart beating with dread"
" her throat tightened"
" her jaw clenched"
" Goose bumps rose on her arm"
If these had been spread throughout the book, perhaps they could be forgiven; unfortunately, they are all on a couple of pages in chapter 10 (and similar can be found in most chapters - she even uses the old "walking through quicksand" in the Prologue, which should have been a warning to me). Consequently, I was dragged out of the story and found myself groaning at the banality of the images rather than being sucked into the tale. This is a great pity because the story setup and characters are quite compelling and I wanted to find out what had happened to little Noah; however, I had to stop reading after 100 pages because I was tearing my hair out, beating my head against a wall, holding my head in my hands etc etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa Jackson does it again, 5 Oct. 2013
I love Lisa Jackson's books she never fails to come up with a good story line and this one kept me riveted couldn't put it down and there were so many twists and turns.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 20 Mar. 2014
I couldn't put this book down,I was gripped from the first page. Strong characters and a brilliant story line! Can't wait to read more Lisa a skin books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read., 7 Jan. 2014
Could not put this book down! The best thriller from this author that I've read. Twists and turns all the way, definitely keeps you guessing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Sept. 2013
Beautiful absolutely beautiful,what a great book,loved the twists,recommend to all to buy and read,great story line,wished it went on longer,...

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 5 July 2013
This is a really good book Lisa Jackson never disappoints She writes the kind of books you don't want to put down .

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: You Don't Want to Know (Hardcover)
Totally awful plot. Really boring and lame. The title is really misleading. Do not waste your time reading it. I wish I hadn't bought it. Disappointed in Lisa Jackson.

5.0 out of 5 stars tense and gripping, 30 Dec. 2014
This is a must for those who like to be kept on the edge of their seat it's gritty and full of twists and turns one I couldn't put down and had to keep reading till I finished it and found out what and who and why it was great

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't want to know, 26 Oct. 2014
Gripping from start to finish. Found it very difficult to put down. Excellent holiday reading.
Lisa Jackson keeps you guessing to the very end.

You Don't Want to Know
You Don't Want to Know by Lisa Jackson (Mass Market Paperback - 26 Feb. 2013)