5.0 out of 5 stars Jacquelyn Frank Novels.
I love Jacquelyn Frank, her novels are amazing and so well written. She writes stories that allow you to lose yourself and you find yourself journeying along with the characters that you are reading about, you actually get a glimpse of what they are going through and can metaphoracally speaking experience everything that they do.
Published 21 months ago by Carol-Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, but not great
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by J. Jensen

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, but not great, 31 Dec 2009
J. Jensen - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rapture (Shadowdwellers) (Mass Market Paperback)
I doubt you are buying this book or any of the authors other books based on a review. I know I didnt :) - I do think that potential buyers should be aware that the quality of this one and the third book as well, is nowhere near that of the first in the series. It felt as though Jacquelyn Frank was a bit unsure herself about the type of man that Magnus ought to be and the result is a character who is inconsistent and ultimately because of this, doesnt seem believable which destroys the immersion for me. His counterpart is much more solid and a better piece of work than he is. But you need two to tango and so it became a distraction to me everytime Magnus behaved out of character.

The eroticism is as good as the first one, but I couldn't get into it at all because I didnt connect with the male lead in this one. The book felt rushed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jacquelyn Frank Novels., 24 Feb 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars What is wrong with the men in those books?, 4 Nov 2009
This review is from: Rapture (Shadowdwellers) (Mass Market Paperback)
The truth is that I loved the first book of this series and the author's style of writing. The characters were so well developed and realistic, the story lines were rich with interesting twists and the action was much more interesting than the American-style violence (meaning guns, knives and lots of blood) you usually encounter in these types of books. There was a sense of spirituality in both the characters and their stories. I had high hopes for Magnus. In `Ecstasy' we see him as a strong, clever man that has all the attributes of a great leader. What I have found in `Rapture' was an immature, scared man that goes back and forth without any sense of direction or emotional maturity. So all he needed was an uneducated (in the ways of lovemaking at least) girl with a cunning ability for survival to turn him around? Yes, Ok, not for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Read It!, 8 Feb 2010
Book Junkie "BJ" (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rapture (Shadowdwellers) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have enjoyed each one of the books in this series. In this book both the lead characters are strong people and it is not surprising that when faced with drastic changes to their own lives things can get a bit tense. If you like this series have a look at Jacob (Nightwalkers) and the other four books in that series by the same author. Like the first in the series, I thought this book was great escapism - just what we all need after a hard day in the real world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rapture (Shadowdwellers), 2 Feb 2010
This review is from: Rapture (Shadowdwellers) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the second book in the Shadowdwellers series, about the spritual leader of the Shadowdwellers - Magnus and a young Shadowdweller, Daenaira who has been chosen by Magnus to be his new handmaiden ( a type of wife). The book beautifully covers their relationship - both have issues to overcome to be happy with each other. There is also an outside plot that they have to handle as well. I really enjoyed this book - the series creates a new world for the reader of the Shadowdwellers. Franks has written well, taking the reader into this world and making it seem familiar and real. There is passion between Magnus and Dae, but also humour and understanding. I recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars This series just gets better and better!, 18 Sep 2009
This review is from: Rapture (Shadowdwellers) (Mass Market Paperback)
Like 'BOOK WORM', the first reviewer, I also love this series along with Feehan and Ward and many more.

If you started with the first book you will know about the Shadowdwellers and the fight that 'Magnificent' Magnus is having with the bad element in their society. He now has his Handmaiden to help him fight the fight, and can she fight! It was quite a rocky road before they trusted each other but what a sexy,exciting and sometimes funny road they, and we, travel.

Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 13 Sep 2009
This review is from: Rapture (Shadowdwellers) (Mass Market Paperback)
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS AUTHOR, ALONG WITH FEEHAN AND WARD, THIS IS A GREAT STORY, THE SECOND IN THE SERIES, ITS FANTASTIC, ITS SEXY ITS GOT ENOUGH ACTION FOR ENTERTAINMENT WITHOUTH DROLLING ON, IT IS ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC!

Rapture (Shadowdwellers)
Rapture (Shadowdwellers) by Jacquelyn Frank (Mass Market Paperback - 3 Aug 2009)