Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 30 November 2006
Having previously read Megan's Mark, I knew there would be more hardcore stuff in this book.

A previous reviewer has explained the plot very well, so no need to go into it. Our man, dashingly named Dash, is a dangerous, sexy and noble man with a recessive wolf. With Christine Feehan, we have our Carpathian males with something extra, like with Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters. With Lora Leigh, our heros take their differences to bed, with some explosive results. There is something a little forbidden about it, not mention, Leigh's inclusion of a dominating anal sex scene. I didn't care for it in Megan's Mark and that hasn't gone away in this book. However, there is something very appealing about a very passionate man declaring you are his to protect, love, f***, etc. whilst in bed with you. Big points for alpha possessiveness and protectiveness.

Our heroine, Elizabeth was a great character, full of courage and love for her daughter. An interesting plot with more interesting characters springing up with enticing stories of their own.

Will I buy them the rest of the books? Probably a couple more. Although, a sexy and raw book that taps into a woman's need for an alpha male, there just isn't enough depth in her books.

J.R.Ward, Christine Feehan's Dark series, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters are all superior books with lots of emotion, passion and sizzling heroes.

I don't mind graphic or hardcore sex scenes, I just want more love to go with it in my romance books.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 October 2005
Lora Leigh's writing is always hot, and I am always constantly amazed at how she can write so many love scenes without being repetitive.
I knew this book was going to be good as soon as I found myself getting chocked up reading an excerpt of it.
This is a great read for any fan of Leigh's work or if you are new to her work and enjoy romance, adventure, sci-fi,etc
Leigh's breed series has a little of everything, and she makes it all seem believable. Be prepared to read this book in one sitting, as you won't be able to put it down to do anything so mundane as getting out at your stop if you're reading on the bus or tube, or remembering to eat dinner.
on 11 December 2007
Should really be called. Elizabeth's Coyote. The most outrageous Breed plot yet. Although this is one of Lora's earlier Ellora's Cave books.

I'll start with the spoiler. The daughter Cassie turns out to be a Breed child. One of the evil coyote Breeds. And she knows it. So she makes endless efforts to be good. Poor kid. Only 8 yo. She'll have a breakdown for sure when she gets to her teens. Probably. She's been keeping a lot of secrets from her mother. I could have done without evil adults calling sweet damaged Cassie a 'monster' to her face too. Also. Readers need to ask themselves. What on earth is an 8 yo doing in a piece of erotica? Strictly speaking. This novel is more about her than about Dash and Elizabeth.

Amazingly. The smut totally gets in the way of the excellent plot that surrounds Cassie. Despite what she repeatedly says. Elizabeth entrusts the care of her hunted child to acquaintances of a man she has known for about 1 day. I understand completely that the demands of the plot made that a necessity. Not least because she and Dash could hardly consumate their relationship in the usual noisy Breed manner with an 8 yo around in the next room. But it just meant there was a huge discontinuity between her intentions and her actions.

The novel ends rather abruptly. Like many of the books. In addition the author seemed to have to struggle to fit in the required anal scene. Ok. The heroine faints from the resulting ecstacy. But there should have been at least one more bedroom scene just to show that she felt happy in the relationship following that weird event.

I bought Elizabeth's Wolf as a £12 paperback. From the smut point of view. I don't think it was worth it. Not enough. Because understandably it can't really get going until Cassie is off-loaded at around page 170. From a 'good story' point of view the price was not a problem. On one level I suppose you could call this book 'good edgy fiction.' But I found it a bit too scary to enjoy as a novel. Obviously I guessed quite early on that Cassie was Breed. It's just that the details, and especially the ending were just too sad for me to cope with comfortably.
on 19 September 2015
I came to Lora Leigh's Breed Series with scepticism and boredom. I was "recommended" Her first novel "tempting the beast" and as a result approached it with all the dread past recommendations (the awful ones) had bred in me. I was pleasantly surprised by the storyline and am even more surprised by this one which introduces a different element to the outline. If you love Romance or science fantasy and erotica then these are the books for you. "Shades of Grey" seem to have been born from this type of writing but without the benefit of taste. These books have a good premise, an unusual storyline (which has been copied again and again since Harry Potter hit the shelves) and are enjoyable. This is the fourth book in the Breed series that Ms Leigh writes and meets the criteria of her other books
on 26 June 2013
Loved this book. Working my way thro the series. Recommended. Great series. Cannot wait to read all other books in series.
on 9 June 2013
A brilliant book, but beware, it is extremely sexy, HOT HOT HOT!

Romance, sex, drama, it's all here, so enjoy!
on 13 May 2013
Love the stories about the breeds. They have great steamy scenes throughout but have a good continuing plot as well.
on 17 April 2014
A great addition to the breed series. Takes a little while to get going but very enjoyable. Well worth buying
on 8 January 2013
just as all the others another fab book by lora leigh just what we come to expect of her :)
on 29 April 2015
Best in the series so far. Really enjoyable read
# # # # # # ## # # ## #