Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 March 2014
Maybe if I had read this one first, it would have got five stars but the story is not as good as Iggy Peck. Still worth reading and the fabulous stylised illustrations delight in their own right.
Also good to have a female engineer as a role model.
Way to go Rosie!
on 20 August 2014
A wonderful book for little girls with enquiring minds that deserve so much more than a disney princess for a role model. My daughter loves this book and we have read it many times. The only downside is that the book is american and so is the language so some of the lines don't rhyme unless you say them in an american accent!
on 21 October 2013
A refreshingly techy book for little girls who don't want to be just girly. Rosie is a role model for the girl of today. My 4 year old Rosie recipient loved it.
on 26 October 2013
Leading on from Iggy Peck Architect, another great kids story about the kids in grade 2 from Blue River Creek. My five year old loves it! Again amazing illustration from David Roberts.
on 16 September 2013
Rosie has fantastic ideas and works so hard to make them real, then presents them to her favourite Uncle and...he laughs. The heartbreak! She grows more timid, but is inspired to try again. Will this time be different? Well, at some point in all our lives, we learn that sometimes never trying is worse than failing.

Great companion book to Iggy Peck:Architect. My 3 and 5 yr old kids love it and at the end of each reading, they hold their fists up chanting, "We can do it!" Great story, wonderful inspiration.
on 3 January 2016
One of the best book we've ever had (and we have a lot as read 5-10 books with my little daughter EVERY evening!). At the moment I struggle to find good books for my nearly 4 year old daughter as she is very smart and already read so many since she was little, so most of the books for her age are now too basic, yet the ones for the next age group up are often too complicated or too long. THIS book is PERFECT for a smart young child, it's exciting, it's interesting, it's full of ideas, it's funny and memorable and teaches the child so many things! And I think it will still be just as exciting in a year or even two. A BRILLIANT buy, a wonderful investment into your child's library!
on 8 September 2014
This doesn't quite have the panache of Iggy Peck, Architect, but it is still lots of fun, and any book featuring a female engineer and celebrating the role of women in aviation history is a good thing in my book. It is also a book about persevering when things fail at first. I think maybe its worthiness dulls the story slightly?

So Rosie is in the same class as Iggy Peck (who isn't mentioned but is recognisable) and as you'd expect she likes to make contraptions. However, one of her earlier such inventions results in her getting laughed at by her uncle and she gives up showing people her inventions. Then her great-great aunt who used to build aeroplanes turns up and says she wants to fly. Rosie can't help but to try and make her a helicopter. However, when the helicopter only just gets off the ground briefly, her aunt laughs and she is filled with dismay. However, it turns out that of course her aunt is laughing with enthusiasm and of course everything ends happily.

The book did feel a bit American - less due to the language it uses than to the references to hot dogs, cheese spray etc. I felt it interfered a bit more with the book than with Iggy Peck architect but not ridiculously so.
on 19 August 2014
My 7 year old nephew and also my 7 year old son, absolutely loved this book as well as Iggy peck architect, more please, we love it. On some levels educational but written in a very engaging way
on 3 August 2014
Not as good as Iggy, but a great addition and a lovely story. Lots of interesting side details to look at, great for reading with the children.
on 2 October 2014
Brilliant book, my 7 year old loved it!! Great strong message, rhyming text a la Julia Donaldson. Going to buy more as pressies!